Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys, I took apart my rear left axle to put in a new backing plate and brake shoe assembly. However there is one part that I don't know where it belongs. Stupid me for not paying attention to where it came from. I have looked at a parts break down of the sterling 10.5 and can't find where the part goes. I have pictures of the part and a rear end break down. Hopefully someone can tell me where it goes so I can put everything back together.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah good call... I guess that is the break down of the wrong rear end. *doh*
Your right I dont have drums....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no wonder why this part is not in the picture. I will look for a proper parts diagram. In the mean time, can anyone tell me where it goes?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the shaft is still the same, just no drum with shoe. but wtih a disc and pads instead.

but did that come off at the end of the axle shaft retainer. that pic shows a oring for that.
I believe it came off when I took the hub off

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jarrod B, thanks for the detective work and for posting the diagram. It looks like I need a better manual, which one do you have? Hank, thanks you too for your reply. So I assume the 4 bent tabs face towards the rear wheel bearing inner cone and roller so it slings oil at the bearings.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Jarrod B, thanks for the detective work and for posting the diagram. It looks like I need a better manual, which one do you have? Hank, thanks you too for your reply. So I assume the 4 bent tabs face towards the rear wheel bearing inner cone and roller so it slings oil at the bearings.
Yes that is correct.

Tip: We found that a piece of 4" pvc pipe was perfect for seating the seals.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
alldatadiy.com.

i havent done any axle work on mine yet. but we have an 88 idi that leaks oil on the shoes so its internal seal is bad. :doh:
My son has a '86 IDI with the same problem. It is parked right now 'cause the oily brakes kept catching on fire! I drove it home the last time and I had pulled the pin on one of the two fire extinquishers I had with me! :doh::hehe:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts