Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many mods to my 2006 6.0. Such as a Banks Six gun, with a SCT custom Tune, AFE Stage two intake, Banks intake elbow, MBRP Exhaust. Typically with those mods you should be pushing around 35 psi. I can barely hit 30 psi.....Whats the Deal????

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to my knowledge although i have a old friend who has worked on my truck for me and when he ran it he hit 35psi but when i step on it I only hit 29-30

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
With out headstuds 30 should be a MAX!!! i can barely hit 29 on my track only file..... I really wouldnt want to hit 35 if it was me

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ummm guys is it bad that my dads truck can hit 38psi with an exhaust and intake??? i say 38psi bc his is a 06' 6.0 and has the factory 0-40psi gauge and he almost pegged it!!! we were just curious to see how high we could get it and sure enough..... no bull sht

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With out headstuds 30 should be a MAX!!! i can barely hit 29 on my track only file..... I really wouldnt want to hit 35 if it was me
Then why could he hit 34 and i can now only hit 30. I understand the precaution just wondering why or how thats happening?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Then why could he hit 34 and i can now only hit 30. I understand the precaution just wondering why or how thats happening?
I not sure.... but from what i have heard and learned that 30 is about as high as you want to go with stock head bolts.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. Thanks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Who are writing your tunes where you are hitting over 30 lbs of boost?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Innovative. I run the tunes stacked with the chip

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ah i see.... Do you see any difference in power with the 6 gun since its stacked or is more for just guages??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT ran a a mid 15 with just the six gun....Then similiar with the SCT but both a ran a mid 14. I like the six gun mainly for saftey reasons since this is my everyday truck but once you started hitting 70mph you can really tell a difference......

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Are you running there extreme race file from them or there street tune?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am about to buy the xtreme race custom tune....but it is a xtreme street tune. Thinking about doing the same?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I have many mods also but I never see much over 30 psi. Banks ic and elbow egr delete fass 150'180, afe stage 2 , head studs, and exhaust. PPE 215 hp tuner. I didn't think that the stock turbo's would make much more than 30 psi? I always thought that usually when they spiked higher than that a vane was sticking. Dunno? With these mods I am at 30psi boost 1600 egt's and 40 fuel press at wot. I think it is time for a regulated return to get my fuel press up. Does anybody run one?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have thought about it.... But i run DJs tunes right now with a special Looney wild tune. With my mods in my signature i have run as low as a 14.06 on 35" tires.... Get there race file and then you should be in the low 14s

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have thought about it.... But i run DJs tunes right now with a special Looney wild tune. With my mods in my signature i have run as low as a 14.06 on 35" tires.... Get there race file and then you should be in the low 14s
damn.......is it a custom tune?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yes it is.... DJs looney tunes are real similar to Innovatives Xtreme race tune... Get that and see where your at..... By the way i get the best milage on my race tune too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help.....I need this espcially when i am at college...Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts