Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i found a 06 f350 cc/Lb 4x4 6 liter, came form florida so zero rust, has zero scratches an dents,it has the sport package (painted grill an bumpers) BUT the egr went out and it has milky oil? i know ill need a delete kit an head gaskets...oh an also hes sellin it for half of wat it books for...so i take the deal or run the other way, any opinions would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Sounds like the oil cooler is what crapped out. If you do the work yourself and replace the oil cooler and delete the egr cooler and a coolant flush. You will have around $500-600 into it.
The oil cooler clogs from silicate dropout in the coolant, which slows the flow of coolant through the egr cooler. Then the exhaust in the egr cooler will overheat the coolant and cause the egr cooler to fail. When the egr cooler fails, coolant is introduced into the intake and then there is the risk of head gasket failure.

Tough call though... If it were me, I would do it depending on what he is asking for the truck.When I use KBB, I never pay more than trade in value. If he is asking half of that, then hell yes...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Coming from FL? That means it could have salt water rust.

EGR can be deleted/replaced. As for the milky oil, it could mean nothing. Or everything. Probably oil cooler.
Have you gotten to drive it/see it in person?

Edit: didn't see the post above yet. lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with the oil being as milky as it is do you think theres anyway that the oil cooler have just taken a **** an everything else still be ok???

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it were me, knowing what I know now....I would run....Like hell. I have nearly $10,000 under the hood of mine, repairs, aftermarket parts, the whole nine yards, about to replace injectors again. Can't even run my programmer in order to get all the info necessary to send it back to PHP in order to get my custom tunes and make it a Gryphon because it will not run right long enough to get all of the necessary, trouble free information. But thats just off of my experience. Come to think of it, it may have more than $10,000 under the hood.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Usually the oil will go into the water if the oil cooler fails, since the oil is under a higher pressure.
I would be thinking about why else water would be in the oil.....
At idle the oil pressure should be around the 30psi area, cooling system max pressure is supposed to be 16psi. No way a failed oil cooler is gonna pump water into the oil.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Usually the oil will go into the water if the oil cooler fails, since the oil is under a higher pressure.
I would be thinking about why else water would be in the oil.....
Thats why I said run like hell...You could get up to or near book value in repairs, easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts