Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard good about both the tony wildman chip and the ts chip. What are you guys opinions? Sorry i'm a newby. Just looking to buy exhaust and a chip soon. Wondering which one to go with. Any input would be helpful.... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have the ts and its fine i am not extremly happy with what it has done with my transmission but the 140 tune blows alot of smoke its kinda fun and i get awesome fuel mileage but i also would like to send it in and have tony put his tunes on it so all in all i would say go with tw and get it done right the first time

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
+1 . . . . . .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i was definately gonna get the guages as well. Thanks for the input. Seems like everyone agrees on the TW. So would it be better to get the exhaust and intake first and then the chip to let them know whats been done to the truck so it can be tuned accordingly or does it not matter? I'm not looking for outrageous power. I work construction so its a work truck and daily driver for me. Just something to make it a little more peppy and pull better.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Another one for Tony!

·
Registered
738 Posts
comparing ts and tony is easy...get tony's tunes. TS is an out of the box set up that is mass produced. Tony custom tunes the chip to your truck, if you are unhappy with something, you send it back and he'll fix it...for free

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I have the TS and as soon as I can afford it I will be sending it to Tony for a re-burn. The TS 140 setting is very harsh on the transmission. I have rode in a truck with the same hp settings as I have from TS, but the chip in the other truck was from Tony. It shifted alot smoother and just all around alot better performance in my opinion.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've heard good about both the tony wildman chip and the ts chip. What are you guys opinions? Sorry i'm a newby. Just looking to buy exhaust and a chip soon. Wondering which one to go with. Any input would be helpful.... Thanks!

What city/state are you in? Add to location or signature.

I will also suggest a chip from Tony.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, thats great, because Tony is the the DFW area...

I went from TS to TW...

The Fuel 7, scared the hell outta me... I didnt know a Diesel could have detonation...

The shifts were...horrible...

I put a new convertor in, new V/B, and called Tony...

Needless to say, I am VERY happy....

Chase

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The trans tuning that can be done and all the custom tweaking that Tony can/will do makes it only one option in my book.

TW for the kill..............

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
is the tw chip better than the dp where do i get a tw
Both of them are at the top of their game. Cant go wrong with either. Check out their websites. Im running a DP and really like it. Im wondering if TW would send me out a chip to try out for a week or so? Theres been alot of talk about him on here lately and im getting curious.
dp-tuner.com
totaldieselperformance.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts