Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 inch dp with 4 inch exhaust, boost, exhaust temp, and trans temp gauges, and a tymar intake. will thetony wildman 6 pos tuner be a good upgrade with stock injectors? If I get the heavy tow and street settings will the stock injectors handle the loador do i need to get stage 1's.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
the tony wildman 6 position chip will help you out alot! you will notice one hell of a difference! and your stock injectors will be good but for a real gain a set of stage 1's will help

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i was thinking of these settings, stock, daily, street, heavy tow, smoke, and high idle. what do you think

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
sounds like a pretty good setup to me! i will say this though, i have a stock setting on my DI tuner, and it doesnt get used very often. if theres another tune you want besides stock, i would recommend it.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
if i upgrade to rosewood stage 1's do i need to upgrade to a 17 hpop
Not nessasary, but it will help. If your 15 is healthy enough it will keep up. Some people do experience a CEL when under heavy acceleration which means the oil pump is being maxed out.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
It'll give a pretty good puff and then clear up when the turbo spools, but nothing significant with stock injectors. Yes you can drive in smoke mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts