Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what they recomend for 1997 7.3L...I am going to go with the Tony Wildman chip....whats the best levels to have? What are all the levels that it says? I am looking on Stealth Automotive....thanks

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Do you use it to tow alot with? If so I would add the tow setting. I would just spring for the 5 or 6 position chip. You have Stock, Econo, tow, Street, (or Daily Driver tune, whichever you want) and extreme. You could also throw in hi idle to help with warming up in the winter, or for charging batteries, if you happen to run an inverter, or jumping a car off.

·
Registered
738 Posts
or just read his website and it tells you what the levels are....

* These programs are custom built specifically to your truck and modifications.
* Economy is designed to increase your fuel mileage.
* Daily is a slightly more powerful version of the economy program that adjusts shift points for driving around town.
* Tow is going to be approximately 50hp increase for the 94-97 models and 65ish for 99-03 models.
* Heavy tow will have shift points adjusted and an increase in power over the regular tow program.
* Street Race is for those pesky imports with the coffee can exhausts.
* Extreme is for the track.
* Sled pull will have shift parameters adjusted to allow the truck to be in drive and not shift out of 2nd gear
* Hi Idle is for them cold days to keep the truck warm and the hot days to keep the truck cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts