Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 08 F-250 crew cab and I want to put a tonneau cover on it. I was looking at alot of them online. I want one that is not a snap on but gives the smooth look and is easy to take on and off.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to where to get a good inexpensive one?

I was going in the direction of a Lund.

Lund Genesis Seal and Peel Tonneau Cover, Truck Bed Cover

·
Registered
342 Posts
ill point you towards a torza top. i had never had anything but extang and i saw a torza top in action...

4 mounting points and you are done. it is trifold...so you can have fully closed or 2/3rds open. It took me exactly 3 minutes to install and 30 seconds to take off if you have to. Made of similar material as extang. i got mine for a little over 300 bucks.

Access limited makes a great cover too.

That should help a little.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Good / Inexpensive usually don't go together.
Although any tonneau cover is destine to fail. perhaps
look for one with a good warranty. and or a Local vendor. this way when it does fail
the turnaround time will be 0 instead of having to ship it off.
Also get one that has a lift off feature. for speed access. hinges in the front or rear
and has a integrated shock. (that is if your looking for a soft cover.)
all the hard covers are far from inexpensive. GL

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the Lund Genesis roll up cover. I have had it for a few months. About 30 min to install and very easy to roll up when I need to use the bed. I would recommend it. I have not had any other bed covers so I have nothing else to compare it to.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i had a tuxedo bed cover it worked great it mounts to the inside of the bed rails and it flush with the bed sides, mounts to the side rails with velcro. takes 5 min to install and takes 15 seconds to roll up super nice product!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check out the tuxedo cover.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just bought my 08 F-250 crew cab and I want to put a tonneau cover on it. I was looking at alot of them online. I want one that is not a snap on but gives the smooth look and is easy to take on and off.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to where to get a good inexpensive one?

I was going in the direction of a Lund.

Lund Genesis Seal and Peel Tonneau Cover, Truck Bed Cover

Look at Rugged Tri-Fold cover...
If you have long bed and live near Greenville, SC I'll make you a deal on one..Used 3 months and I bought a new short bed truck...Had to buy a new rugged cover...

·
Turnin' JP8 into noise!
409 Posts
I've got the Extang Trifecta, similar to the three-fold designs a couple guys have already mentioned. It's very handy and easy to take on/off. I can even fold it up and leave it on when I'm towing my gooseneck. :twocents:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the roll n lock its pretty flush with the bed caps you just twist the knob and rolls right in the only bad part is the back corners leak a bit

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Definitely dont go cheap I got a 250 dollar roll up tonneau on my other truck and it caved in because water pools on it when it rains. On my powerstroke I have the extang full tilt tonneau cover which I paid 400 for from summit racing. For your year though it is 350. This tonneau is great becuase it can be tilted up, rolled up, or you can take it all off as one piece in a second. I would definitely recommend this cover

heres the link for your truck.
Extang 38725 - Extang FullTilt Tonneau Covers - summitracing.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the PaceEdwards Bedlocker and it is AWSOME. I have had it for two years now and they do make one for the 08 Fords
I second that motion, I also have the PaceEdwards bedlocker, Love it , It is worth the money. :woot:

I will post some up dated pick's next weekend, of all the mods I'm doing now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody else tried the Rugged Tri-fold Cover? I saw the display at a local place...but was looking for some feedback on it before I bought it...Thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Rugged is not like the cheap roll up covers!..
They are a Tri Fold. If you ever see a display beside a Pace I don't think you will find a difference. I've owned two and will stack it against your Pace Tri Fold soft top any day!
At the folding joints it has 2" aluminum plates...It is made just like the name says..If you buy it local the shops want around 460.00. On line you can get it from around 280.00 shipped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to the forum, and I have a 2008 F-450 with 4.30 gears. I need to get the mileage up and I am wanting to add a tonneau cover. Prefer a hard sided, for long bed, and need a white.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Pace Edwards full metal jacket rolling cover. It is the greatest cove I have ever had.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts