Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 F350 Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4wd
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving in Annapolis at lunch today, just came back from picking up a Werner Kayak paddle at Spring River.

My radio's volumn goes silent. I think - hmm, thats odd. I changed chanel - nothing. I turned up the volumn - nothing. Radio on - but no sound at all. Then I started to notice a few other things:
- Speedometer wasnt working
- Blinkers were not working
- AC Blower was not working
- Air bag light was on
- ABS light was on

Truck ran fine. I pulled into a Pep Boys on West street - thought I needed a fuse or relay - was going to check the fuse box. Put the truck in park and it made a nasty "wet spitting/gushing" sound - I quickly put it back into Drive - sound went away. Tried it again, this time stopping in Neutral - same sound. Went into Reverse - no sound. Sound only there when shifted into Park or Neutral.

Quick call to the office - hey guys - I'll be a little late back to the office - going to stop at Ford in Annapolis.

Pulled in there, shut the truck off, popped the hood - all things seemed fine. Checked underneath - nothing dripping/running out. With that water-gush sound I thought for sure something was going to be dripping at the least!

I put the key in again, clicked the ignition on - all lights on dash seemed fine. Turned and started - all check lights went out.

Talked to the service manager at Ford - he said maybe a wet contact on a relay but without it acting up at that moment - nothing he can do for me. His recomendation was not to turn the engine off if it happens again. Apparently the turn off and back on reset whatever was acting up. He said the computer wont store any codes if the check engine light never came on so it would do me no good to hook it up on a scanner at this point.

I proceeded to drive back to Lanham - no problems.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My gasser did something similar once, it was a loose connection on the battery cables. Check your connections?

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
:tard:WOA:tard:

Any flying saucers near by:dunno:

Hope it was just a freak kinda thing

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
My gasser did something similar once, it was a loose connection on the battery cables. Check your connections?
I agree, First thing I thought when I was reading this. That is a simple yet great suggestion. I see boats come back after their first outing with all kinds of odd stuff happening. It is usually the pos term is loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts