Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pretty good day playing. Stopped in town last week and bought some supplies to complete this. Maybe this will help somebody out.

Front end still on the truck, obviously. LOL Took the grill guard off before I snapped the pic.

Fixing the dent my wife put in there a couple of years ago......

Bumpers prepped and ready to go. Power washed, scotchbrighted with acetone, final acetone wipe with cloth and then 180 to break the chrome and a very light 320 over the top. Then acetone with a cloth again.

Grill and valance ready. Same prep as above but no sanding, only scotchbright and acetone. Then a couple of coats of Bulldog.

Now, for the goodies.......

After 3 coats epoxy sealer/primer.

Then 3 coats of urethane primer. After the primer flashed I did an ever so slight knockdown with 400. I didn't want it super smooth but rather a little bit of orange peel look.

Final product, still wet. 4 coats of single stage black.

Next time I post a pic, it will be of the truck. But I can't do that until the middle of this week because I am waiting on a set of '07 Harley Edition headlights that are in transit on the big brown truck......

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here is a front end shot of the painted grill and bumper. My new headlights will be here in a couple of days so the brush guard isn't going back on until they are installed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.