Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything from Spartan being as they had a June 1st deadline with DrewTech??-PLEASE no comments on ragging, bashing, or hating on Spartan. This is strictly an update thread-no negative stuff:thumb:

·
Registered
589 Posts
the first people on the list "should" have tracking numbers on thursday (possibly friday). the june 1st deadline was met. matt had to have a tracking number on his finished shipment on "insert name here" monitors ( i havent heard the official spartan name yet) and he has and they are in route. now depending on when you got your name on the list you'll get a phonecall. matt will start posting again once the shipping from him to us starts. hope this helps:thumb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Praise the diesel gods!! Its like Christmas in June!!:rofl::boldblue::woohoo:

·
Registered
818 Posts
its coming tomorrow, its coming next week, it will be here by the end of the month. all the same stuff we have been hearing. i am still waiting.
I sent them a nice E-mail Today, within 10 minutes they called, i missed it and got a very nice message from Ms. Donna. I called back Donna had left Matt answered and I told him who I was, He told me thanks to my E-mail they wanted to get back with me quickly cause I DIDN'T *****. I gave him my CC#. I am in the first batch:woot::happydance::boldblue::headbang1:. So guys if yall call or E-mail, Dont be negitive, Dont *****, Be nice and it willl get you where you should be. This is not directed towards you Kentucky, but it was worded good enought i could use.

Thanks, Tim

By the way, 2nd time E-mailing him, Never called before besides the call back:thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Matt and Donna have been awesome to me, I've talked to Donna at least once a week for the past 2 months and she is a great lady to chat with. As far as Matt I talked to him twice in the past month getting the updates on the progress of the tuner. Hopefully the tuner works great and I'll be one happy 6.4L Canadian. Kevin.

·
Registered
818 Posts
so around seven weeks. you've got some catching up to do. lol
I was on "THE LIST" the day the list started. I dont remember if it was Feb. or Mar. Today was my 2nd time E-mailing him, and I never called until they left me a message. It payed off for me, and hope everyone that gets the programmer is very pleased.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I orginally was gonna go with spartan but after getting to know other programmers ill be sending my coin else where, so let me know how these tunes do.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
They have had my my CC# since Matt called me in mid April. So I hope this means I'm in the first batch:dunno:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I orginally was gonna go with spartan but after getting to know other programmers ill be sending my coin else where, so let me know how these tunes do.
ALL of these new tuners will soon become custom tunable, with no real difference between them.
Order up your own tune, and it will be sent...

JMHO here....
My reservations with Spartan came about six weeks ago.
I wish Spartan all the luck in the world, but what if something goes wrong?
We all know full well how fast Drew Tech moves..
Matt likes to go underground instead of staying in constant communication like he should. It's always harder to face the music, but it's unsettling for the customer to hide from it.
Also, his counterpart Boggin 350, likes to talk a little smack to impatient customers, which makes me wonder just how serious Matt takes his reputation when he surrounds himself with loudmouth jokers like that..
If one of my guys ever talked to a customer like that, no matter how ridiculous the conversation became, they would be gone. But my guys are smarter than that and would never play those cards to begin with.

With SCT, I know they have a professional team in place that can immediately process problems and questions when called.
That was the most important concern for me. Between SCT, Bill, Eric and others involved, I know if I am on the side of the road God forbid, SOMEONE will answer the phone and help me.

I wish all Spartan customers well, and I hope the heavy risk that you are all about to take becomes a moot point.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ALL of these new tuners will soon become custom tunable, with no real difference between them.

Exactly, I don't want tunes with no real difference between them. I like 100% custom tuned per my truck and its power additives.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts

Exactly, I don't want tunes with no real difference between them. I like 100% custom tuned per my truck and its power additives.
unless you are on a dyno, with your tuner, its not 100% custom...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I know, also the sheer fact that the supplier is only like 2 hours away and I know his products a lot more than what the other guys are putting out.

These are all being new products and once these finally hit the streets and they really get tested hard with this many people on the wait list well see how many people get problems etc, hopefully none.

But knowing the programmer from other guys around here and speaking with him and hes constantly at the tracks and been doing it for a long time and has some of the best 6.0 tunes and is now working the 6.4s gives me the warm fuzzy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts