Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys what would u do? I just had 3 injectors go out and they only replaced the 3 and didn't have any say so should I keep the 6.0 or get a new 6.7 powerstroke or cummins???

·
Registered
897 Posts
New injectors $600
New 6.7 $60,000

You want to spend the extra $59,400?:hehe:

When I bought my 6.0 I planned on studding it etc. because it would be reliable and wayyyyy cheaper than a new truck. Think about how much money you would have to spend to equal a new 6.7. It's crazy IMO.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I could have bought a newer truck, no 6.7 but a solid 08 or 09 but I prefer the 05-07 exterior and they are a ton cheaper because everyone is afraid of the 6.0. I have bulletproofed it, lifted it, modded it and done a bunch of other stuff for the price of the stock 6.4 and a solid 30k cheaper than a new one

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Buy a Ferrari. Lol. IMO you can get more out of a well put together 6.0 than you would out of a 6.7 and the 6.7 grill looks like the word FORD with parenthesis around it. Lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would only be about 12k to get into a new one, crew.cab... It's hard to decide... I'm not all there when it comes to working on these...

·
Registered
307 Posts
keep it, and bulletproof it. and when the motor does go out, drop a cummins in it. that's my plan.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since you plow as well you would have to change over the mounts and lights which is more $$$
Dad will do that... I'm going to see how much it would be to boot and go from there... my dad is just really into the new ford and cummins motor because his company is running those and are doing so good for them!

·
Fishin' Fanatic
58 Posts
Alright guys what would u do? I just had 3 injectors go out and they only replaced the 3 and didn't have any say so should I keep the 6.0 or get a new 6.7 powerstroke or cummins???
Dad will do that... I'm going to see how much it would be to boot and go from there... my dad is just really into the new ford and cummins motor because his company is running those and are doing so good for them!
Just curious, why would you ask for opinions, if you aren't gonna use the ones offered.....seems like your mind was already made up????:dunno:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Give the 6.7 a little while, people will probably find bugs and stuff wrong with it. The new fronts of Ford's are ridiculously big to me anyway. Looks were better to me.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
I say keep it. The 6.7 is new and relatively unproven at this point. People are discovering its strengths and faults as we speak. With the 6.0, you know what you have, and there is tons of info on how to keep it running great

·
Registered
11,152 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did i read it wrong??? i read this as they wont make anything above a f150, T or F

·
Registered
216 Posts
Who knows but the bean counters.I believe that Kentucky truck will not be in jeopardy,its where the super dutys are made and other products.

After i reread the article,it states that the F150 will be ONE of the biggest trucks......................

Lincoln was the best limo,now look at it.

Mercury is gone.

Hope it was a slip of the tongue :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts