Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved my BPD 6pf FICM and trying to decide if i should leave it at 48v or cut the wire for 53v or 58v. Has any one had any codes come up that wont go away or any other sort of issues with running a higher voltage

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
You will get the p0611 code with the higher voltage. Doesn't hurt a thing. That is all I have with the 58v swamps ficm.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning to the 53v will that throw a code as well

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes it will. I think anything over 49 or 50 throws a code. You don't get a cel or wrench light so unless you check codes, you will never know it. It should be fine the way it is, Mine doesn't start or run any better than when the old one was good.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I am running mine at 58v and could tell an improvement in throttle response an smoothness.

·
Registered
243 Posts
58v seems to fight through the cold striction better on mine.. fires up fast and tghrottle response is better.. that might be because of the ficm tuner as well though. i love 58V

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I cut mine for the 58v. It starts great in cold conditions as well as warm. I combined the 58v with a PHP Atlas40 tuned logistics board and havent second guessed it for a second. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts