Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 6.0 under 2 years ago, and have had everything removed, cleaned, rebuilt, and then replaced, some parts were changed 3 times... no joke...

When it ran, it ran GREAT! could pull anything, sounded great, i loved my truck. but then more and more problems came along, along with more headaches, and less money in the bank.

after my 6.0 was in the shop 3 seperate times in June 09, I decided to do some research and file lemon law on my truck. Today is Aug 1st, and I my lawyers got the call from Ford today, saying they would like to replace, or buyback my truck. I went for the buyback. Because of my awesome lawyer, I am getting back my down payment, every monthly payment i made, principle and interst, work order and repair costs, and even registration fees for the past 2 years!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So why am I telling you this?

This has relieved my headaches, my bank account will be back up to par, and I will no longer have a vehicle I can not trust. I'm sure there are others out there who are in the same boat I was, loving/hating there truck, owing too much to trade it in or sell it, or just sick of having to always take it to the stealership.

Here is my lawyers website in case anyone else wants help, and wants to start over. get a new 6.4 instead, or a 7.3 like i'm going to do. Lawyer has no out of pocket fees, and only way he gets paid is if your case wins. He adds his fee's onto the suit, so no commission either. Everything is done over phone, faxes, internet, and mail, no person to person meeting required, and he has won the most cases in northern CA against FORD. he specializes in 6.0 and 6.4 lemon law suits, and when talking to him about problems you are having with your truck, the lawyer and his staff are knowledgeable and familiar with the trucks.

Not every case will be taken, or be a buyback, but hey... it's worth a shot! i bought my truck only 20 months ago, and its an 03, and i'm still getting a chance to start over! But it has been in 17 times to the dealership... no joke!!!

Jacobs Jon Law Offices Of - , - Law Offices of Jon Jacobs

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
A buddy of mine chose the replace option, and the replacement truck hasn't given him any trouble.

A lot of people don't wanna believe you can hold the BIG CORP responsible though.

Glad you made 'em pay!!!

·
Banned
324 Posts
fabb, you hired one heck of a suit, everyone that I know who had a buyback from a manufacturer ended up having to negotiate for the total miles that were on the vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mileage

my 03 only has 59k miles on it as of today!!! haha...

I don't even want to know the kind of trouble I would have been having if it had been over 100+k miles!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats - I had a an 2005 Tacoma purchased new, and it was a similar situation. Nearly all of the work was done under warranty, but it was constantly in the shop. We hired an arbitrater (sp?), and they really took care of everything without any $ and very little of my time.

Dealers/ Service departments were so terrible (at numerous places up and down the east coast) that I wasnt dissapointed when I was offered "buyback," with no option to replace. Apparently Toyota can repurchase a vehicle without declaring it a "lemon," Im not exactly sure of the specifics, but I got the feeling it was in their interest.

Anyway - its definitely possible.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
congrats.....can you say 6.4....or duramax or cummins

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I sure can't. But I can say 7.3 lol
Good choice in my opinion...but hey, I'm a little biased...lol. Glad it all worked out for ya. Fortunately I haven't had to deal with something like that yet. (Knock on wood)
-Aaron

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow. That lawyer really hooked you up. Good luck with the new truck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you! and yes, lawyer really did a nice job, but the paperwork i turned in, was solid evidence that the truck was just a nightmare.

7.3 here i come!!!

maybe even wait for the new motor after the 6.4?? i hear the 6.4 is having issues too. I have done tons of research into my next vehicle, and i see everyone with the diesel smog related, particle filter, is having major issues. dodge's new 6.7 motor is, new duramax is, and same with the 6.4. 13mpg in the 6.4 i hear is average, and even cummins is only getting around 15mpg in the new cummins.

I have buddies getting over 20mpg in a lifted 5.9L cummins.

why must we smog our diesels????

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Who paid the attorney fees?

If you got everything including downpayment back how did the attorney get paid? :dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
attorney adds his fee's onto suit. Ford paid my lawyer :)

a certain amount if we settle out of court, and

a different amount if we go to arbitration.

That's why i'm on here telling everyone about it!! its a win-win situation! saved me lots of money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts