Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
e!

Diesel Engines - Sea Foam

It turns out Seafoam is just as good for diesels, if not better, than gasoline motors! This is right from the Seafoam manufacturers themselves.

Just thought I'd post this as an FYI incase anybody is interested, as I know I sure the hell am!

Matt

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
sea foam is great :nod: thats what i used when my fuel gelled last winter

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it said it's good for use as an anti gelling formula!

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
i have heard it is good for the fuel. but not for the crank case due to the extremely high pressure of the HEUI system:dunno:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
i have heard it is good for the fuel. but not for the crank case due to the extremely high pressure of the HEUI system:dunno:
DONT put it in the oil :thumb: i mean unless your bored and what to fix a broken truck :hehe:

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
DONT put it in the oil :thumb: i mean unless your bored and what to fix a broken truck :hehe:
that is cause of the HEUI system correct :dunno:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's good to either put right into your fuel tank, or thru a vacuum line on the motor to spit-shine that top end!

does it do the cleaning properties too
Hell ya.. like I said above you can put it in the fuel tank or thru a vacuum line. Putting it thru a vacuum line will basically blast off any carbon etc that has accumulated throughout the entire top end, fuel injectors, fuel lines, anything that air/fuel comes in contact with.

Why so? I've done it on gas motors to good results, and the Seafoam website says its good to put in the crank case. Run it for 30-ish minutes, drain oil, and put new oil in..

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I swear by it too. I've used it in 240k mile cars, and 40k mile cars. It smooths out the idle, increases throttle response, give better gas mileage, quicker starting etc.. it depends on how crudded and neglected your fuel system is, along w/ mileage of the vehicle.

I've never tried it on a diesel though, but I'm about to next paycheck.

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
a gas motor will not have oil pressures nealy as high as the psd will and do they swear by it for a psd or another motor?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^what??

fdlfldhfldh

·
shaking things up
3,650 Posts
no theyre gassers.
that is the point ppl on here are trying to make a gasser will see no where near the oil pressure of the HEUI injector system on the psd trucks i run it in my gassers but will not put a drop of it in the cc of my psd :thumb:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that is the point ppl on here are trying to make a gasser will see no where near the oil pressure of the HEUI injector system on the psd trucks i run it in my gassers but will not put a drop of it in the cc of my psd :thumb:
I'm not saying your wrong, but the manufacturer SAYS it's safe for diesels.. I'm sure the manufacturer knows about the high pressures of a diesel oi system?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
that is cause of the HEUI system correct :dunno:
Yup you nailed it :thumb:

Why so? I've done it on gas motors to good results, and the Seafoam website says its good to put in the crank case. Run it for 30-ish minutes, drain oil, and put new oil in..
seafoam is great stuff but with our HEUI system its not good to run it in your crankcase. i love running it in my gas engines though

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I'll just take your guys words for it and not do it then. But you can bet your sweet asses this next paycheck I'm running it thru the vacuum line lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts