Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is the truck with the cruise set at 70ish? I want an 03 turbo, but I dont want a headache all the time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
if you're not towing anything, it's completely tolerable...if you're cruising, you'll only be making like 3-6 lbs of boost anyway, so it's not screaming..you'll hear it most when you're accelerating...

if i'm going on a long trip with the trailer in tow, i'll put the cat back on to tone it down..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hardly ever tow anything, so Im good there. What Ive noticed with my 06 turbo is that you really dont hear the wistle unless the windows are down. Is it more noticeable (during exceleration) inside with the 03 model? I would assume it would be alot more noticeable, but...

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
It is very noticeable under acceleration. While cruising there is just a faint whistle. I had my exhaust dumped under my cab for about 2yrs and just ran 4" piping all the way back to behind the axle last week and it is much quieter. More exhaust piping = more restriction = less whistle.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The whistle is awesome...... at 70mph the exhaust drone get a little annoying, I say that after doing 2000 miles in 3 days. Around town no complaints but you will get a lot of people looking and asking questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts