Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I drive 120 miles each day on rocky, gravel roads, and flat tires are common, I searched for something other than the anemic bottle jack that came with my '99 Powerstroke.

Ended up that I bought a TLift - an gizmo that attaches to the tow bar on the rear, or towing eyes on the front, and is used in conjunction with a HiLift jack.

The TLift is available at some Ford dealers, or you can order on-line from tliftonline.com. Cheaper online.

The TLift is, well, "T" shaped, and comes with a detachable short box steel gadget with a pin to secure it to the tow eyes. The other part is used for the rear of the truck.

Sure enough, got a flat on the rear. The TLift inserts into the open end of the cross member of the tow hitch. Takes all of 2.5 seconds. The nose of the HiLift fits into a slot on the TLift. Jacking up is normal, ditto letting the truck down.

I was able to change the tire quicker, and with less fussing, using the TLift. I also tried lifting the front to test the TLift, and wonder of wonders, it works just fine.

I don't work for or get any freebies from the TLift company - just endorse what I use and like. I recommend the TLift for anyone that has a '99 to '08 Powerstroke.

Flinch

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.