Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I primarily use my truck for towing a camper (it's not my daily driver). When I do use the truck I hate having to stop so often for fuel , so I really want to put a Titan fuel tank on it. The downside is when I'm not towing the truck sets for weeks, maybe months (winter) between trips.
Will diesel fuel store that long in the tank or am I just asking for water to accumulate and ruin the HPFP/ injectors???? :dunno: Any help/ insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
It should store fine. Use an additive that prevents gelling and moisture buildup as well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I would think your fine with adding an additive like everyone said above.. I've also heard that making sure the tank is completely full when you park it, will also help with it.. I can't tell you why.. Just something i've always been told.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Probably less space for water to condense and cause a problem in and more fuel to dilute if it does.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If diesel sets too long, it is susceptible to grow microorganisms and bacteria. Two things that can speed up this growth is air and water. That is why if your truck is going to set for any period of time it should should have a full tank... less room for air in your tank. I also never buy diesel from small stores that do not move a lot of diesel, you never know what is in their tanks, or how long it has been there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
All good points. Before you park it for a while, add the fuel stabilizer and fill the tank up all of the way. It should be fine when you are ready to use it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts