Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 psd with a leveling kit. I am looking to upgrade from my 285/75/R16 to a 305/75/R16. my problem is that i do not know what tire to buy. i do a mix of highway road and alot of back country roads. so if anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
my suggestion would be one of these two:

1. Nitto terra-grapplers
2. BFG all-terrains

they are both good tires in my opinion but theres a mixed crowd on here about which is better.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i feel like the nittos that i run bite more offroad the the bfg a/t

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how good does the nitto tread? i have heard of guys getting over 40,000 miles of the bfg but not clue on nitto

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
i have the pro comp extreme all terrain ....and they work real good for everything ive thrown at them and they last a long time

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well im in that process right now but there wearin real nice. but then again the bfg's wear real well too. btw ive heard guys gettin 40k on the nittos as well. its really up to you, the bfg are like $40 more expensive per tire. i personally think your payin for the name in that aspect but i just wanted to tell you, for what your gonna be doing these two tires will work the hands down best for you for traction off road, tread wear, street grip, and quietness

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ehhh i think they will get somewhat good mileage just not as near as much as the other two tires. its your decision and your money lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
what about the bfg mud terrain instead of the all terain?

I have the mud terrains and I love them. They ride nice on the streets, and they grip good off the road. I have had them for about 5 or 6 months and they look brand new, someone told me they were the best mud tread for street use and offroading so I went ahead and got them, I'm going to get them again when i get bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
bfg really is great quality its just like i said...your money

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ive only riden in a 1/2 ton chevy with them and they werent bad at all

·
Registered
425 Posts
hhhhm if i was in your position ide get the tsl boggers :rofl::rofl: you may have rubber chunks flying everywere , but they they look sikkk no in all seriousness, the bfg all terrains are really nice my buddy has 35's on his psd, and theyre AWSOME they wheel nicely in the mud and theyre quiet on the road,, i hate quiet tires though.......

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey diesel kevin, i also agree with you i hate quiet tires as well but i don't want all terrain, i want a cheap loud mt, but instead of boggers, i'd go back to the thornbirds, i had 35's on my 85 chevy diesel and they were LOUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i've seen quit a few of different firestone tires, does anyone know about their mt

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
I've got the Nitto TGs on my 250 right now, got about 5k-8k on them, and they've been wearing nicely, they do pretty well offroad, but if you are planning to do more offroading than highway, I'd definitely go with an MT. My pick would be a Procomp. I got a set of 35 Xterrains on my offroad rig, and they've lasted 15k so far with no sign of decreasing tread.

-BG06.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts