Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like after 72,000K I finally have to replace my rubber. (not complaining:)) But I do have a question.. I'm torn between the BFG all Terrain and the Good Year Wrangler silent armours?? I don't have a lift and do pull a trailer which both are 10 plys.. just wondering what you guys thought the better of the 2 were?? ride, traction etc...

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I have had goodyear wranglers before...wouldn't buy them again. Traction was poor.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had a set of BF Goodrich all terrains on my truck before I lifted it and i never had any problems with them. They have great traction and do well in the snow and rain. Definitely go with the BFG's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BFG is the only choice for MT or AT IMO. I get 50K+ on MT's with a lot of pulling trailers and so on. I have never blown a BFG (250,000 miles) and they are 315-75 8 Ply I have blown two Goodyears (took them off) that I can remember and they were 285 10 Ply. Besides I work in the rubber industry and BFG is owned by Michelin:thumb: who makes the best tire on the market and it that is clear in ther facilities too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why not toyo's

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have always used BFGs on my truck and have never had any problems with them.. they wear good too.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Toyos are nice tires as well. I have a set of 37x13.50 Open Country M/Ts on my truck and they are great so far, but I think BigBear would be better off with the BFG's for towing and wear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used goodyear for a while (a goodyear manager was a relative) never was impressed. A buddy talked me into gettin some BFG's, 4 set's of tires on 3 diffrent rigs and I don't have a single complaint. They seem to last longer and have good traction.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys... I have had BFG's just on a half ton but never on a 3/4 ton... was making sure since reliabilty is a big factor of choice... I need top all year round perfomance as it is a major daily driver :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have bfg all terrains on my truck now. they have about 20,000 on them and they still look great. i pull a 24 ft toy hauler and a 20 ft four winns boat. i would get them again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Almost twice as much......Cooper (company who makes Toyo) makes and AT and MT in their brand and is just as good as a Toyo.......but I would run BFG A/T's......I haven't heard to many good things about Goodyear A/T just the MTR
sorry to burst your bubble man but cooper has nothing to do with toyo and i paid 1400 Can for my 35" m/t's . The coopers werent any cheaper

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks James... I think I will go with the BFG's considering your from alberta too and know how bad it is here :thumb: thanks alot guys... I'll hopefully post some pics of the rig up once I get the new rubber:woot:

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey just to help you out i work in a good year shop and i am running goodyears just cause i get them cheap they have a rougher ride to them and unless your getting the mtr's wich are only good for mudd they don't have the best traction
go with bfg's a/t prolly the best

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
I was told if you haul to make sure on the 3/4 / 1 tons to make sure your load range on the tire is at least a D. I've been known to be wrong before though...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PHP:
I have had goodyear wranglers before...wouldn't buy them again. Traction was poor.
I agree, Maybe look into Mich. If not BF's are always a good choice.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
sorry to burst your bubble man but cooper has nothing to do with toyo and i paid 1400 Can for my 35" m/t's . The coopers werent any cheaper
My bad....I mis-understood the info given to me.....they look same and last just as long is what my buddy at Discount Tire was trying to say, but yes they are cheaper....at least in the states :nod:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just put on Bridgestone Dueler APT 3 Load Range E. Good traction and excellent wet weather performance and very quiet. I paid about $129 per tire for 6 of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts