Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

On my second F-250 now. Just purchased a 2015. I just put on my tires from my old 2010 and have rubbing on the wells when I turn - I know this is a much talked about topic but I'd really like to crack this nut. It's like a puzzle of utility and looks. Pictures and data speak volumes when making these decisions, so I'll ad both. The current wheel setup is: 35" x 12.5" Toyo MTs with 20x10 SOTA wheels with a negative 12 backspace. I've used the stock rims with the same tires and had no rubbing, but this negative offset is causing rubbing on turns. I don't like how far in the old stock rims sit. My 250 has a leveling kit in the front and I'm about to add blocks to the back to truly level. This may help with some rubbing on the back of the well but it's still too close for comfort on the inside of the bumper.

So, I'd like to hear suggestions but I think I have two options: go with a 0 offset rim (how does that look?) or get a lift (but I want to know what's the least lift I could get?) Thanks in advance!

Attachments

· Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
23,016 Posts
You may also want to check with one of our Supporting Vendors, Discount Tire - they should be able to give you some pointers.

· Registered
822 Posts
Welcome...

Why is Picard in the backseat. IS there an episode like this, I don't remember if so, and i just watched them all again.

· Registered
8,907 Posts
Your getting old @Heavy_GD. It's a gif not a meme.

· Registered
93 Posts
Hey Adam,

Great looking truck. Here is some insight that may help you on your decision. I currently run 33"s with a 20x9 +1 offset. Currently my tires stick about 1 inch further then stock which is what I was going for. the -12 offset for me was just too much which is why I went with my current rim. I am about to upgrade to 35"s and was told I coulden't do it at all without some type of lift or level. I decided to just pull the trigger and went with a 3" so I could fit the 35's without any rubbing. Here is my current setup sitting on 33"s x 12.50

Hope this helps buddy.

· Registered
14 Posts
Well here's a little bit I know about what you can fit on what set up, when I first got my truck it had 35x12.50 on it with some havok rims that had a -24 offset and the only issue I had was that It would rub a little when I would turn the steering wheel all the way , shortly after that I installed an 8" super lift that I had those same rims for about a week and nothing would rub anymore. Then I went and ordered some fuel marvericks that were 22"x14" with and offset of -70 and for tires I went with 38x15.50 and they were huge, it made the truck look perfect but the would rub in the front all the time on the bottom corners of the fenders by the front doors, I even cut the corners off with a bandsaw and it would still slice my tires when I would turn and hit any little bump in the road, so then I had a blow out and I got a quote from the tire shop I got my set up from on one tire and it was like 440 plus tax so I said screw that and I found a good deal on some 37x13.50 22 Toyo open country's on facebook market and I put two of those as my front tires and I left the 38's in the back, and now finally the front doesn't rub at all . As far as offset of course it throws mud all over the truck because I don't have the fender flares but that's why I just keep it out of mud .... here's a picture of it with the 38x15.50 in the front

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.