Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this thread gets beat to death but I am in need of new shoes. I have an 05 SD with 275/70R18 stock wheels. I am trying to determine how wide I can go without any significant rubbing and no lifting. Can I go as high as a 315 without rubbing? I saw a previous pic on the board and found what apprears to be a stock SD with 33x13.5x18. I like the wide look of these tires. I'd appreciate some do's and don'ts from ya'll. I have a 4Wheel parts store close by but I rather here it here first. Oh, I am going to buy the MB Gunner 8 wheels. Thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
you can clear 35x12.50's on stock wheels, I personally have been running that setup for about 8k miles. I have the stock 20's which are 8.5" wide. only complaint I have is running such a wide tire on a narrow rim.... you have to drop the air pressure down to get even wear, then the truck drives squishy and your MPG's suffer even more. I woulnd't go any wider than 285 on my 8.5" wheels. Only advice I can give you. for a 12.50 you almost need a 10" wide rim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run a 285x18x9.5 and the seem to be perfect! woukd like to put a leveling kit on front then should be able to ru 305's. the 285's roll out @ 33.75 in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know it's not an 18 but i'm running 315/70/17 on stock wheels, no rubbing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts