Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been trying to fine a sure fire answer and have yet to be able to. ive got an 01 with 6 inch lift and 35's. can i or can i not fit 37s. if i missed a thread or link point me in that direction. thanks

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I know a leveling kit will clear 35's, I would assume a 6" lift would clear 37's, but here's a bump to get it in front of someone who knows better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
you can clear 40's if you have the right offset wheel. Something that we've found here is that an excursion can get 2" more out of a tire than a superduty can, why, I have yet to figure it out.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
What...sorry thats just wrong about Excursions...

It will take more lift not less with a Excursion. I have helped hundreds of excursion owners all over the country fix the handling problems the stock Ex has.

If you want 37" I'd look at using a 4.5" hanger lift with X codes wick will lift your truck aprox 8" over stock and would get you the best ride quality.

Cary

·
Registered
103 Posts
What...sorry thats just wrong about Excursions...

It will take more lift not less with a Excursion. I have helped hundreds of excursion owners all over the country fix the handling problems the stock Ex has.

If you want 37" I'd look at using a 4.5" hanger lift with X codes wick will lift your truck aprox 8" over stock and would get you the best ride quality.

Cary
Looks like me and you are gonna be disagreeing alot in this area. Handling has nothing to do with fitting a tire, so that doesn't matter. I have a add-a-leaf up front and I clear the 35x13.5x20 no problem, little rubbing on the leaf spring because I didn't do a aggressive offset wheel( stock 0 offset). I test fit a 37x12.5x20 because I wanted to see how that would work, and they clear also,with still rubbing because of the offset of my wheel, but only on the leaf spring. So unless I have a one off excursion, which I don't, I know i'm not mistaken. Pics are available for reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts