Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tire size on 03' F-350

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Shockley6.0 
#1 ·
Now before you guys start, I'm sure this question or ones like it have been beat to death...They sure do get that way on the Explorerforum (have a rockcrawler explorer)

I searched without finding anything that gives me my exact answer...

I know that these trucks sit high in the rear so when you are loaded they level out, but I have 11.75" from the rear wheel to fender, and on the front I am right at 8"....is that 3 3/4" the normal amount of rake?

Time to beat the horse....

What is the largest tire I can put under the truck with the stock rims and no leveling kit? Right now there is 285/75/16's

and then if I went ahead and leveled it...what about largest tire then?

Sorry if the questions are old and outplayed, cause I know they are on the explorerforum, but I couldn't seem to find he info I was after...

Thanks all

-Just put 4" turbo back on it since I just got it, and man do I love the "747" 03' turbo!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, without scrubbing the 285/75/16 bis about all you can do. Ive seen some 295's but thats pushing it. Yours sits about right. F350's sit about 3.5'' taller in the rear and 250's about 2.5'' cause of the difference in the rear blocks. If you put a levelig kit you could run 35 12.50's with minimal scrubbing. I run 305/55/20's and have minimal rub on the leafs due to my backspacing is only -5mm. Anymore ? just ask

#3 ·
I put a leveling kit on my 03' F350 and I put on 305x65x16 on my stock spoke alloys w/ no issue's and looked great. At full clock, the tires was close to the inner plastic fender but have never rubbed.

#5 ·
What is the largest tire I can put under the truck with the stock rims and no leveling kit? Right now there is 285/75/16's

The 285's are about it...with the level kit 295's.....from my experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.