Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you guys do this yourselves, but I haven't got the tools just yet. So my question is what do most of you pay to have this done?

One place wanted $29.99 for all 4, but then said couldn't balance 20 inch rims. Another place told me $20 per tire ($80 for the set), and then I go to Sam's Club and ask. What do you know, they only charge $3.88 per tire. I paid a grand total of $15.52 with tax. Why is there such a big price difference? The other 2 places I went were big chains too, not little mom and pop places that need to charge that much to stay in business.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have my own tire machine, but I don't have a balancer. I buy my tires online, fit them and take them to Walmart (on the car/truck), $7.50 for lifetime balancing and rotation. :)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Costs more for me :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Sams Club has always been good to me and their prices are great. Just to warn you, but I am sure its like any ohter tire store. They have some moohs working for them, so make sure you watch them when they are playing with your $50K truck, and they dont scratch a rim on you. Everytime I go in there they are slow, but they are through. One guy will put the tires on, and tighten them down. Then another guy will come behind him and double check his work with a torque wrench.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i can get them done for 12 bucks total out where i am. its a little opperation only two stores and the other is in landcaster.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I work for NTB (National Tire & Battery).....rotates and balances are FREE :thumb:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I work for NTB (National Tire & Battery).....rotates and balances are FREE :thumb:
Even if you didn't buy the tires from them? That sounds like a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts