Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
08MochaTanF350PSD
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know the cold tire pressure setting listed on the tires is what the tires 'should' be set for...

...My question is:

What are y'all really running? For example, if the tires list 80psi as the cold tire pressure, what psi would you run the tires at for a normal mix of pavement / dirt road with an occasional 4wd road??

(had a TPMS Low Pressure warning over the weekend. Ended up that 3 of 4 tires were 20psi below 'cold' psi listed on the tire)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The rating on the tire is the Max PSI for the Max Load.

To determine the proper pressure for even wear for an unloaded vehicle, you would need to perform the grease pen or chalk test. Draw a line across the width of the tread, drive down the street so the tire can perform a few revolutions then see how the line looks.

Even wear = proper amount of air for that load
Wearing more in middle = too much air
Wearing more on the sides = too little air

·
Registered
176 Posts
I run mine with low air pressure the ride is way more comfortable . I run ar 35 psi and fuel economy is about the same I have checked . But the ride is a lot more comfortablei have a 6 in. Lift w 35s

·
08MochaTanF350PSD
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the replies! The OEM plaque stated 65 psi cold temp, so I split the difference between what the tires have for cold psi and what the Ford plaque cold psi had, with 72.5 psi

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My max is 65psi in my tires and I run 65 in all the tires. With the front bumper on the front it weighs down the front a bit, and I tow a few times a week so I need the rear at max. It would ride better if I could drop down to 55-60 but not worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
mine call for 75 PSI and i run 70 PSI of Nitrogen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts