Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 08 and found out you have to have a tool to reset the pressure sensors. Where can I get one of these an how much do they cost? Also they said I am supposed to run max psi 80psi in the rear and I normally only do that when I tow heavy I generally keep them about 55-60 so if I do this willi get the light even if I reset the sensors?

2008 F-350 CCLB all stock for now... Deleting and tuning with Vivian's looney street soon.

·
Registered
853 Posts
H&S offers one but you need to have a programmer, minimax or black max to use it.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
yeah ya need the H&S tuner to be able to do it. the sensors are too finicky so i just turned mine off. i know when a tire is low lol

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I want to do I have never had tire pressure sensors before and don't need them now. I could only imagine some of these people who need all the idiot lights to drive back in the 40's 50's an 60's they would be screwed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to ask can I **** it off with out the tuner?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
you need to buy an h&S tuner(black maxx, mini maxx, or xrt pro) and then you can buy the tire pressure sensor module from h&s which will allow you to adjust it or turn it off. i just turned mine all the way off so that i didnt have to put sensors in my aftermarket rims.
here is a link to the tire pressure thingy
H&S Performance Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS 08-10 Ford Powerstroke 6.4L | eBay

or you can borrow one from someone, beings that your in OHIO, and so am i. I happen to have one you could borrow if you want. if ya get it tuned and your close we could meet up and do it or we could work out shipping or something.

I think the light is stupid but i do see that if you keep the tire pressure up ya get better gas mileage but some people really need that to tell them their tire is low. i think there should be more than one driving class at 16, ive seen people all ages that i cant believe are allowed to drive :rofl:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I think it is a law but still if you cant check those simple things you shouldn't be driving and also I agree with the more than one driving class. I saw a driving instructor the other day in the left lane not passing anyone just ridding the same speed as the poke in the right lane so no one can get by so some of it could be the course curriculum

2008 F-350 CCLB all stock for now... Deleting and tuning with Vivian's looney street soon.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate te offer also but I am looking into getting my own just in case I can't get to meet with you or w.e reason I was looking into sct but I may change my mind and go with h&s

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
i dont think you can do it with sct or spartan if i remember correctly. i thought h&s was the only one that had that option but i could very well be wrong.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
i know when a tire is low lol
But what if your losing air while driving 70 down the freeway? By the time you realize it, it could be too late and an accident could potentially happen.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
But what if your losing air while driving 70 down the freeway? By the time you realize it, it could be too late and an accident could potentially happen.
hasent happend is 30 some years of driving, not to worried if it does......ever watch cops? they do it all of the time after the spike strip is deployed :thumb::thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts