Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost...

I want to thank everyone on PowerStroke.org for all of the great information. I have an 07 F350 6.0L and an 06 F350 6.0L. I was able to replace the oil cooler and install an EGR delete last week in the 07 in the parking lot of my hotel 800 miles from home thanks to all of you.

So now for my current question...

I have Goodyear Wrangler LT275/70R18 125R Load Range E tires on my 06 with a max pressure of 80 PSI. The Door Jamb sticker says to run the front at 65PSI and the rear at 75 PSI.

What would you recommend for best MPGs and Long tire life. Also, I use this mostly as a daily driver and occasionally for long haul towing. However I can change the pressures when I am going to tow if necessary.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Ryan

·
Registered
151 Posts
First and foremost...

I want to thank everyone on PowerStroke.org for all of the great information. I have an 07 F350 6.0L and an 06 F350 6.0L. I was able to replace the oil cooler and install an EGR delete last week in the 07 in the parking lot of my hotel 800 miles from home thanks to all of you.

So now for my current question...

I have Goodyear Wrangler LT275/70R18 125R Load Range E tires on my 06 with a max pressure of 80 PSI. The Door Jamb sticker says to run the front at 65PSI and the rear at 75 PSI.

What would you recommend for best MPGs and Long tire life. Also, I use this mostly as a daily driver and occasionally for long haul towing. However I can change the pressures when I am going to tow if necessary.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Ryan
I would follow the instructions on the tire IMO. My tires are max 65 psi, I found they were down to 50 psi all around and I was getting horrible intermittent wobble from my rears until I filled them up to 65. It was funny because I was hearing everything from U Joints, Drive shaft, differentials, bent rims, death wobble, you name it. All it cost me was air and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Unless towing, I run my BFG's at about 50 psi and that gives me even wear across the whole width of the tire. If I went full recommended pressure I would wear out the center 1/2 and have a good 50% left on the third out.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I run all 4 tires the same, or run the front at -10 psi from the rear as the door plate suggests?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts