Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help on some tire advice i want to put some 35s on i got aftermarket rims for them but what how many inch lift do i need to fit them under there..My truck is a 96 f350 crew cab..i currently have 33s so if i could get some advice it would be much appriciated

Thanks

Richard

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would say no more then 4 inches is needed. I am surprized you have 33's on a stock hieght OBS truck with out rubbing.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I have a 2.5" lift on my 95 and I had to trim the bumper a little but otherwise I fit 35s on it with no problem, I would say go for it you have a 350 so you sit a little higher than mine does stock anyways, I think the 35s with this lift look really good.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have 33's as well on mine (it is stock height as well) and it looks like i have plenty of room for 35's without a lift but looks can be deceiving.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I think that 35s on stock height can be done on a 350 since they sit higher stock but it might be better to go with the 2.5 lift becuaes its a pretty cheap lift and looks really good too

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yea im just cheap and dont want to put money in the looks of my truck, i need it for performance. once ive done every thing i want performance wise i will do things like that. i was going to get 35" tires next time i get tires ( which is real soon ) so if your in no hurry i can tell you if 35" fit on the stock height with no rubbing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since your on here psd0389 i want to give my truck a lil more umph like you got on there its an auto what chip could i put in with out changing anything its got a straight pipe already.. And i want the truck to last to lol

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
since you got the exhaust, do you have an intake as well and gauges, if you do then I would suggest going with the TW chip. I have the TS 140 horse chip on mine that REALLY woke the truck up, it will chirp the tires just from flooring it from a stop. The one problem is that the generic tunes on the TS chip dont shift as well which is why I am going to get it reburned with TW tunes because Ive heard the power is better too. So as long as you have an intake and gauges I would highly reccomend a TW chip or even the TS chip it is awesome if you want that umph without having to mess with upgrading the trans.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if i get an intake and gauges it will be like yours then?? and could you send me the link to the chip you have and the chip you are going to get?? I emailed Tony Wildman a long time ago like 4months ago and he said i could only get 70hp out of the stock injectors is that true?? Oh and i want to be able to tow and not slip the tranny

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
yeah if you get the intake guages and chip it will be the same as mine, I know they claim only 70 but to be honest it feels like way more than that, I mean the power difference is awesome and I know for a fact how different it is

My buddy has a 2000 cummins with exhaust, intake and edge comp and before I had the chip he beat me by five or so car lengths. When I put the chip on he only beat me by a little more than half a car length. If you get a tow mode then the chip should be able to manage the tranny well and it should not slip.

heres the link for the chip I want to get Stealth Automotive. 1994-97 7.3L and here is the link for where I bought the chip I have now Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel TS Performance and Swamp's Chips For the TW chip it says 300 but that is for the chip with one position it is 425 for a four position and 500 for a 6 position. I am going to do the reburn on my TS chip for 150.

Eventually I will upgrade my injectors with 70hp injectors becuase I was told by a very good diesel tech that if you want good reliability get that size injectors. But for now I am very happy with the power I am getting right now.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any more questions

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what intake do i need to get i live in a really really dusty area...could i get one of those big air cleaners from napa or what??

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
You can get one of those but the problem is it is a paper filter and will need to be replaced, I had originally done the K&N setup before I realized how bad they are for diesel engines, the cool thing is that amsoil makes nanofiber filters that will last forever and is a direct fit into my K&N box. My advice is to get an amsoil nanofiber filter like I have and then just make your own diy tube to run to the filter.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've got a '97 crewcab 4" lift with 35's . Sits really good , no way you would have rubbing problems and not to much fenderwell (I hate that). I,ve got a dp-tuner love it , Ive never used Tonys but heard nothing but great things about them . I like the DP because of the remote with dig readout . Neither one of these are like the off the shelf stuff , you can get tunes for what modes you have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts