Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking ar tires for my truck in a 315/75/16 size. I don't tow out load extremely heavy so I have had D range on my truck and they have held up well. The two tirebrands I have looked at and am most interested in are Toyo open country ATs and hankook dynapro ATMs. the toyos in an E rated tire are 1522 for six of them out the door.the hankooks are 1615 out the door, but only in a D rated tire. Which is a better tire for traction in snow and some mud, and which is better for ride and mileage?

Killing time on here with my smart phone.... :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I can't comment on the traction of either tire but I have noticed that most of the 315/75r16 tires are "D" load range. I think this is because of their size. Most weight ratings are in the "E" load range and all should be ok for your app. I wouldn't get too hung up on the E vs F ranges.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Go with the Toyos if those are your two choices.

The hankooks wont last on a dually

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always liked and heard great things about toyos, so thays what im thinking

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I've got the Hankook ATM's on my Explorer. I love them. I've got a set of 315/75R16 Fierce Attitude M/t's on my 16" wheels. They seem to wear good and are 10 ply :nod:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at the fierce MTs for a while now, mike runs them on his dually, but they are 300 per tire and that's outta my range....hell I don't need tires really, but I'm wanting 35s pretty bad......lol.....I'd love to have them to go to smoke show on....but we'll see......

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
They are somewhat cheaper online. I think they were 275 mounted and balanced here.
I looked at them for awhile now and still get drawn back but I think I am gonna try buckshots on my truck and see what happens. Had them before (different truck) and liked them. Sorry I am kinda chiming in on a dually discussion.

A personal opinion, your truck looks badass with an aggressive tire! :thumb:
I think it will lose some flash with an AT tire.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are somewhat cheaper online. I think they were 275 mounted and balanced here.
I looked at them for awhile now and still get drawn back but I think I am gonna try buckshots on my truck and see what happens. Had them before (different truck) and liked them. Sorry I am kinda chiming in on a dually discussion.

A personal opinion, your truck looks badass with an aggressive tire! :thumb:
I think it will lose some flash with an AT tire.
Oh, it wasnt a dually tire discussion, just a tire discussion in itself. Thanks for the compliments,.i know it could lose some flair, but I dunno......

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would definitely go with the toyos I did a lot of research before I got mine including talking to a bunch of local guys. I love them so far, they actually seem to have decent traction even compared to mud tires I've run before. They run quiet, smooth and track well also.
check this place out, I got mine here, looks like six toyo a/ts 315/75-16 shipped to me for $1371
Discount Tires, Wheels & ATV | Tread Depot

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The big problem with buying online is you still have 100-150 bucks in mounting and balancing to add to it. Then, since you didn't buy from your local tire shop, it is harder to get warranty work done.

I have debated this idea for quite awhile and it seems like buying local always turns into the more attractive idea.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, discount tire here in town( we just got one not too far from my house ) will do the hankook atm for 1631 a set of 6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts