Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well visited the dealer today and got my order all sorted out.
Got a signed purchase order with my "out the door price", receipt for my deposit, and will get a copy of the DORA when it goes in.

Thanks to everyone for your advice!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks @heavyassult. I asked to see an invoice before on a 19. Saw a plan, x and another one on the bottom page with the hb box too. Will they have that info for a new truck build and if so, will they let people dip into the hb?
@08F350: So which invoice pricing were you at?

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
They have to have the truck on the lot to see all that invoice info. For the HoldBack (HB) you can try....nothing says they will give you any. With that said..if the holdback was $2k and you wanted $1k of that...I'd bet they sell the truck. Cause the longer it sits on the lot they are paying out plenty. Takes like 90 days till they start paying out though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@HeavyAssault: would you be satisfied with 11.5% or would you push for more? 3 came back with comparables at 55 with one saying he'll beat it by $500 on a new order. That's telling me there is more on the table...

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
It sounds like one is dipping into that HB. In the past 11% or more off the MSRP prior to all the other tack on's, taxes/plates etc etc was a great deal. Other than some sort of Customer Cash, Finance Cash, Private Cash Offers it's hard to say. Try if you want...when they stop calling you know what they are thinking.

I would say as long as the final paper work is to your favor then just include something about the agreed upon numbers cannot increase but you reserve the right to renegotiate for any reason.

I'm like any other guy save some more cash if you can, but then again I don't expect a dealer to give a new 2020 away. I've had more than one dealer walk away from a deal over just $500. As well as I have seen a dealer sit on a 2018 Limited with a window sticker of 12/01/17 ...showing MSRP at $84,725 now $69,950...that's over 17% off MSRP. If anyone wants a 2018 Limited I can tell you were to pick this one up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm in Canada so probably a bit different, but I got 13.3% off the Cdn MSRP, before tax (tax is only 5% here).
Interestingly enough, the same truck built on the US site was 21% more.
MSRP was $82,500 on Ford.com
I paid the equivalent of $65,180 USD for that truck up here.

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
- Thru the Ford site use your preferred email when the ask if you want updates.
- Join a organization or use the their site to sign up. For example the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) of Texas allows for the X-plan. There's others available like AQHA, Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), others I'm not sure of....I know there is a way to find a list.

Those have been the best way for me. Most PCOs have expired as of 02 JAN.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on how to generate a PCO?
You may want to simply call Ford and ask them what you need to do in order to qualify for a PCO. I imagine shopping and road testing their vehicles will get your name in their system -- and their attention.

They probably have graduating amounts available, so you may start with a lower amount.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll try these tips. My last 5 vehicles were a F-150 and then 4 Superdutys (all bought new). I've been buying Fords for a while so I'm surprised I've never received a PCO in the past. There is a pretty good chance if I did get any in the mail, wife trashed them as paper spam! lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
- Thru the Ford site use your preferred email when the ask if you want updates.
- Join a organization or use the their site to sign up. For example the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) of Texas allows for the X-plan. There's others available like AQHA, Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), others I'm not sure of....I know there is a way to find a list.

Those have been the best way for me. Most PCOs have expired as of 02 JAN.
Thanks for the tips! Last night I went in and changed my preferred email and clicked on send email updates. Called this morning and sure enough...a PCO had been issued this morning for $2k. Now for trying to get the X-Plan....I do have the Costco and USAA plans. I'm being told the Costco plan is better than the USAA plan. Is the X-Plan better than Costco?

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
It's going to be hard to say which is a better deal. I'm willing to say they will give you three different prices if you ask them for X-plan, Costco, and USAA pricing. Last time I priced out a truck they gave me "their" best price which ended up under the X-plan price by like $300 on the same truck. WTH??? They had all kinds of changes on the paper about the prices. I know....it makes no sense sometimes how they work a deal.

I will suggest this, during negotiations make sure you have your OWN copy of any paper they hand you. If not take a pic of it with your cell phone. That way when they start trying to seal the deal you can see what they change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After visiting a couple dealers and test driving a 20 f350 lariat (amazing!!!), Ive still yet to receive any email offers and dealer said Ford doesn't send them brochures anymore?

I called Ford yesterday asking for a pco. The csr said there was nothing available for me and also no factory rebates on the f350. I sure thought there was a 1k, but it might have expired?
She insisted to check back in a few days to see if I would qualify for any....

Just a quick update on my progress. The lowest quote I received so far (out of 5 dealers) was $250 above d plan pricing. Now I'm waiting to see if Ford will give me a pco or if they'll come out with a new rebate soon.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in with their experiences!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, the best I've been able to negotiate is $550.00 below invoice plus taxes and fees. That does not include any available incentives so I'll be able to tack any of those on that I may qualify for...and I have the $2k PCO.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
After visiting a couple dealers and test driving a 20 f350 lariat (amazing!!!), Ive still yet to receive any email offers and dealer said Ford doesn't send them brochures anymore?

I called Ford yesterday asking for a pco. The csr said there was nothing available for me and also no factory rebates on the f350. I sure thought there was a 1k, but it might have expired?
She insisted to check back in a few days to see if I would qualify for any....

Just a quick update on my progress. The lowest quote I received so far (out of 5 dealers) was $250 above d plan pricing. Now I'm waiting to see if Ford will give me a pco or if they'll come out with a new rebate soon.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in with their experiences!

When you talk with Ford again, just mention in passing that you're thinking and looking at both Ford and Chevy trucks, but that you've ruled-out Dodge (just to make the story believable...lol). Hopefully, that will light a fire under Ford and get you some attention and $$$.

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
Well, the best I've been able to negotiate is $550.00 below invoice plus taxes and fees. That does not include any available incentives so I'll be able to tack any of those on that I may qualify for...and I have the $2k PCO.

If your $2k PCO can be used as well that's a damn good deal.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts