Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to order a 2020 F350.
The salesman said he’ll do invoice plus $1000.
How do I know what his invoice price is?
It worked out to be about $7500 off the online build price.
Also he said he won’t know the exact price until it arrives??
He said the price could go up or down?
I’ve never ordered a truck before so I have no experience in this area.
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
I’m about to order a 2020 F350.
The salesman said he’ll do invoice plus $1000. >>.>> Not too bad but history shows they have about $1500-2000 in hold back money so they are still making money
How do I know what his invoice price is? >>> You really will not know till the truck arrives and they have the numbers in hand.
It worked out to be about $7500 off the online build price.
Also he said he won’t know the exact price until it arrives?? >>>> Some pricing changes may happen but I wouldn't expect a HUGE change.
He said the price could go up or down? >>>>> Maybe due to rebates or other incentives. Maybe if Ford changed the pricing of options.
I’ve never ordered a truck before so I have no experience in this area.
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I would ask to see a blank copy of their Purchase Order. READ it LINE BY LINE.....every last bit of it before you drop any deposit or other monies. Then you know what you will be required to do when the truck arrives.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well another local dealer offered the exact same build for $1 over invoice.
Their invoice price was $650 less than the first.....so total price is $1650 less.
I’ll see if the first dealer will beat the price.
Also need to ask them about their financing options and extra costs that will be tacked on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They do know the price before it gets here. You can build one online and know MSRP. They are just trying to get you tied in emotionally.

When I ordered my F350 my dealer showed me the order sheet from Ford. Showed invoice and MSRP. I cross checked that with another dealer and it matched. Cross checked that with the online build. Everything matched up. Deal made at invoice, no fees, no bs no money down.

It's built now and sitting on a lot waiting for a ride South. Truck is not due until Jan so they will have a chance to play games then. I don't think they will but I can walk if they do. I don't have to have the truck.

F350's aren't rare or going to be hard to come by. You can always buy one off the lot when they get here.

Best thing I can tell you is make up your mind on price and walk if they don't like it. You will be able to find a dealer that will play it straight.

I don't see where your from. Two dealers here in central Oklahoma that will give you a real price and order if you want.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
The way I ordered my 19 is as follows:

built online and submitted build sheet to 6 stealerships locally.
Got 5 thousands phone calls from multiple morons at the same dealership. Some will want to play and others will want you to "come in".
They can price everything up over the phone, if they refuse, tell them to f off and go to next dealership.
Get a price from all of them, then start back calling say this stealership over here will do it for this and back and forth. You'll eventually get it down to the bottom dollar on the best price stealership. What your doing is creating your own bidding war between stealerships. You'd be suprised how much they move the price when they know your going elsewhere.
Once you nail down best price from your favorite stealership. Schedule an appointment to sign.
Once they bring the paperwork out, throw down your PCO and watch them loose their smile for 10 minutes.
Then once they rework the paper work, put $500 down with a credit card (you can walk away from the sale and the credit company will fight if the deal is no good in the end). You'll also have to sign off on the final build sheet.
Once truck arrives, bring your cash and credit union loan check and request a test drive and final once over BEFORE you sign the papers.
Then finally, sign on the dotted line and hit the flipper cause you just played hard ball.

My 19 had an MSRP of 57,790 and I got it for $48,169 plus tax and $70 for tabs/license.

happy shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What’s a PCO ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The truck I built came out to $77k tax included, full msrp online.
I have a dealer that will sell that truck to me for $69k out the door, all fees and taxes included; plus $300 for accessories.
I think that’s as good as I’ll get, as they don’t know what rebates they’ll get from Ford in 2-3 months when it’s delivered.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Correction,
I got it for 48,169 plus tax.

Pco is private cash offer from ford.
Mine was a small 2k. My dad just used one for 2,500. I’ve heard of 3k ones

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
Another thing to watch out for is the stealership will "sell" you the truck for any price you want.

For instance - Lously Ford in WBL would "sell" me the truck for 50,000k but that was contingent on the interest rate of like 18%. They would however, give me a lower interest rate of say 7.9% but the sale price went up to 54,000.

Its all a numbers game - I sold my 2004 6 leaker on private, so no trade in to haggle up the numbers and I financed via my credit union at 2.75% interest. The less garbage you let them get their fingers on the easier it is to create a bidding war between smealerships.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i learned of their financing shenanigans on my last truck purchase.
Negotiating an out the door price...so no surprises (like $599 admin fees); and got financing options up front.

Ford Finance is currently offering 4.99% for 24/36/48/60Month terms and it jumps to 5.29% on a 72 month term

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Ford is probably making a couple of points on the financing package as well. The last person you will see at the dealership will be the closing agent or financing officer or whatever they are calling that position at your dealership. This is their last chance to ding you for extra charges and they have quite a few ways to do that. At this point you're tired of the process, the brand new truck is waiting for you outside and you just want to get out of there, but you need to hang tight and say no to prep charges, extra warranties, etc.

For the record, there is no reason to ever set foot into a dealership. Negotiations through closing can be handled over the phone and computer. When you are at the dealership, you are subject to whatever "sales" techniques they want to try-out on you, when you are in your office or home, you will think better as well as have access to your computer and phone to check-out some of the things they will throw at you. You've most likely seen the new truck model before so there is no reason to be on their lot. Just say no to their emotional games.

·
Banned
1,332 Posts
yeah your better off going to a credit union.

I got a 60 month for 2.75%. I think a 48 month was around 2.9%. Credit unions will always smoke out ford and wellsfargos. Only time I would go with ford credit was 0% for 60 months.

Ford will offer cash off if you finance thru them but if you run the numbers, it don't make sense. Also, you can't double stack loans, you can't take the ford credit to get the cash off and also have a credit union loan.

The best way, if you have 50k laying around, is to take the ford credit financing, get the cash off and after 4 minimum payments, pay off the ford loan. But I live in MERICA and I need a bank to make me look fancy and keep up with the neighbors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered my 2020 F350 Lariat with the sport, ultimate, and Tremor packages.

MSRP with tax came to 77k
I got $8360 off
So out the door price with all taxes and fees was $68,620 USD

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I just ordered my 2020 F350 Lariat with the sport, ultimate, and Tremor packages.

MSRP with tax came to 77k
I got $8360 off
So out the door price with all taxes and fees was $68,620 USD

Hopefully those driving gloves are rebel black also...

Congrats on the truck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh you know they are😉
Thanks 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
@Tinstar Can you please post here which two dealers in central Oklahoma will give you a real price and special order if you want?
Here you go.

Bill Knight Ford
Stillwater, OK.
405-300-1669
Michael

Qualitly Ford
Cushing, OK.
918-225-3807
Greg or Bobby

Both treated me fairly at least to this point. Truck is still waiting on a ride South.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Here you go.

Bill Knight Ford
Stillwater, OK.
405-300-1669
Michael

Qualitly Ford
Cushing, OK.
918-225-3807
Greg or Bobby

Both treated me fairly at least to this point. Truck is still waiting on a ride South.

Referrals of this type are like gold to an auto sales person, you'd think more of them would change their approach to the business. I've found small town dealerships are usually much better than the larger cities. A good reputation is probably more valuable and necessary in the smaller communities.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I ordered my truck the day before yesterday (Saturday).
Tonight at 530 I get a text from a salesman I last spoke with last Friday morning, from a competing dealership.
He offers me the exact same truck for $850 less than the price I got.
So I spoke with the salesman that I put my order in with on Saturday, he’s going to see what the manager will do in the morning.
Match? Beat it? Or tell me I’m stuck with it? Guess I’ll see.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts