Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to lift my truck. Any tips and brands i should go for and I'm wanting a 4in and 18" wheels and 35" tires. I was just wondering the price and work I'm gonna be putting into it. Pics of ext. Cab long bed lifts look like. If 6" lift is about the same money i might go for it. And its completly stock suspension amd all of you if that matters.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
for starters is your truck a 250? im gonna guess so by looking at your pic. 1st thing i would do is swap in a D60. lifting a twin I beam setup is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See I'm not into messing with stuff like that and yes ita a 250. I'm only in high school and i pay for everything that goes into but for the right price i could possibly get it as a birthday and Christmas combined present. I just need to find the exact products I need so I know the exact price.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
stay away from tring to lift the TTB amy more than 2 inches. It can be lifted higher, but as stated above, your asking for trouble. You'll have to find a donor D60 from a f350.

I lifted my f250 TTB 2.5 inches. I ordered new 2" over springs from Custom suspension and the drop brackets from Top Gunz Customz. Also using 4" blocks in place of the 3" factory rears.

With the frt bumber spaced out I was clearing 33" tires, with the lift I dont need the bumber spaced out to clear them. I will be able to clear 35's with the 2" lift and bumper spaced foward.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
You could find a d60 the springs from an sd, and do the rsk very cheap, its mostly on how cheap you find the stuff, we have a lot of highschool members here, contact that guy with the dark Matt black looking f350 I can't think of his user name but his real name is gabe he is in highschool too, you can get your lift and everything cheap if you find it cheap, keep an eye on Craigslist and your local junk yard, are you in san Diego or south Dakota?

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
stay away from tring to lift the TTB amy more than 2 inches. It can be lifted higher, but as stated above, your asking for trouble. You'll have to find a donor D60 from a f350.

I lifted my f250 TTB 2.5 inches. I ordered new 2" over springs from Custom suspension and the drop brackets from Top Gunz Customz. Also using 4" blocks in place of the 3" factory rears.

With the frt bumber spaced out I was clearing 33" tires, with the lift I dont need the bumber spaced out to clear them. I will be able to clear 35's with the 2" lift and bumper spaced foward.
Mine is stock and I clear 33's looks like enough room for 35's still

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Arkansas.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
are you in san Diego or south Dakota?
Lol you must not be an arithmetic major :p

He's saying OBS trucks are greater than Super Duty trucks.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
yeah man, like they said. i would try looking for a D60 for a good price and do the RSK. it might take some time gut i'm sure you could find one for a good price.

I'm in Arkansas.
we're going to be heading up to dallas to kick some razorback a** next weekend!! :thumb:

WHOOP!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You wont touch the hogs. Haha yea I like the obs looks over all the super dutys.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
oh you just wait. they don't know what they're in for!! :evillol: i'm surprised those hillbillies even know how to tie their cleats! :hehe:

and yeah...OBS trucks look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hillbillies? you know the hogs are in Fayetville thats right next to Bentonville which has more money then you can imagine since walmart started there and the home office is there along with president, vice president. anything walmart we have more money in 1 city then the whole state probaly.
If i keep the OBS long enough im dropping a 12valve cummins in it.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
Lol you must not be an arithmetic major :p

He's saying OBS trucks are greater than Super Duty trucks.
What you quoted me on makes no sense to me as to your comment.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my username is OBS>SD he thought you were getting south dakota from my username. If thats where your getting it from it actaully means i like OBS more than Super Dutys.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
hillbillies? you know the hogs are in Fayetville thats right next to Bentonville which has more money then you can imagine since walmart started there and the home office is there along with president, vice president. anything walmart we have more money in 1 city then the whole state probaly.
If i keep the OBS long enough im dropping a 12valve cummins in it.
haha, i just like to give them crap. my buddy's girl goes to the university of arkansas and we always give her a hard time.

that 12v would be sick. :nod:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes it does.. if you are familiar with arithmetic :p

my username is OBS>SD he thought you were getting south dakota from my username. If thats where your getting it from it actaully means i like OBS more than Super Dutys.
Yep

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
I just got it, was trying to figure out what you meant by arithmetic, then looked at his name again and didn't feel like editing it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts