Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out by saying, I love my bus. Its always been extremely reliable, and has brought me several years of comfortable off grid living. That being said,

Friday when I started my bus, it ran for about one second and cut off. I know my fuel gauge had been acting up, so I figured I just ran it out. I went through the usual steps I take when this happens, but now runs.

Unfortunately, under any load, it bogs down really bad and is pouring plumes of white and sometimes blackish/brown smoke. There is also some sort of fluid dripping from the exhaust pipe.

At idle, there is more than a normal amount of visible smoke, and I also noticed it suddenly leaking into the cabin.

Attached is a video of it at idle, and then with the pedal floored. This video is from Friday.

Today I ran it for about 40 minutes, the smoke at idle is greatly reduced, but still visible.

Any help at all would be really appreciated, because as I said, this is my home, and I hope it hasn't reached its end.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,543 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Any fuel in the oil? Fuel in the coolant? Almost sounds like a stuck-open injector (I can't watch the video since I don't have the correct codec installed). Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Air filter restricted? - critter made a home of it?

either that or the turbo is leaking oil into the engine -- could pull the intake hose and check the turbo wheel

Clean the area of loose items and run the engine with the hose off the turbo inlet

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
We need pictures

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I would have taken some. It was just just soot covered shreddings. What a joke of a problem. If it wasn’t for you I would’ve never thought to look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts