Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TINY BUBBLES....TINY BUBBLES...??

17K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  WarChild 
So is it possible to have a blown head gasket and not lose coolant ?

Yes, or the amount of lost coolant could be so small, you wouldn't notice it.
Humm.I. seemed to remember tiny bubbles coming from mine as well.good thing I am getting ready to do studs,but I wil checkk again this evening.

Ok here is what I found,at idle if I take the cap off the degas bottle I can see tiny bubbles constantly.When ,I turn on the high idle mod they go away,however from the outside I could not see the bubbles.I am going to get the test kit anyway. I dont have an egr cooler.

I believe it is the line from the EGR Cooler?:dunno:
Could you see the bubbles only from the outside of the degas bottle ?

I got my kit yesterday,hopefully by the weekend I will know also.

My "Block Chek" kit should be here today. I am also waiting on a new alternator from DC Powering Engineering, which should also arrive today. As soon as I get it running and up to temp. I will test for combustion gases and post results.:look:
I did my test tonite, the color changed from blue to a slight emerald green but no yellow,I am thinking,no or maybe just slightly leaking .

Yup,after thinking overnight. I am thinking early signs of failure.

Well, I received new alternator today from DC Power Engineering. Once it was installed I was able to start my truck and get it up to temperature for testing any combustion gasses in the degas bottle. Using the Block Chek kit Dr. PGreenSVT recommended I am happy to report that my test was negative for exhaust gases. Interestingly I did not see the bubbling in the degas bottle that started my original concern. But now I know for sure my heads are in good shape for now:woot
Well that's good.I was wondering, like I said early mines showed a slight shade of green and definetly didn't stay that color blue.I. am getting ready to do the studs anyway..now you can relax..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.