131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warranty is up in 200 miles..6.4 used for pulling
Our rv trailer..what should I do? Juice it up or stop by ford and trade it
In?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Have you had any issues with it so far? Many miles on it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only issue really was exhaust fumes into cab, every now and then..and ford can't seem to figure it out

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do you have alot of miles on it?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I would assume he has 99,800 miles unless he has the extended warranty. I would test drive a 6.7 before you do anything. They're awesome in stock form. If you decide you want to keep the 6.4, I'd tune and delete it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I never even read the part about 200 miles remaining on warranty until now :doh:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
:hehe:

All good bud. Easy to overlook things like that.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I would trade it in if it been stock for 100k miles and no more warranty. Or buy the extended warranty and keep it stock. I dont see the point in doing dpf/egr delete with that many miles on the motor. but thats me.:beer:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actaully im at 59750. Sticker says 60,000 miles warranty. But as i found out that is the BASE model, which is the 5.4. so i guess i got 40,000 more to go. The 6.7 will be next unless by the time im at 100,000 the 7.3 makes its return

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The diesel truck warranty is 3yr-36,000 miles bumper to bumper 5yr-60,000 trans, and 5yr-100,000 engine.:beer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would trade it in if it been stock for 100k miles and no more warranty. Or buy the extended warranty and keep it stock. I dont see the point in doing dpf/egr delete with that many miles on the motor. but thats me.:beer:
Why would you not tune and delete a 6.4 with 100k? Just wondering because I was thinking of doing mine in a year or two and I'll have 70-80k miles by then on it.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
General consensus is that the motor becomes less reliable when it has been through 100,000 miles worth of regenerations. The oil gets diluted with fuel. Therefore you have diluted oil going through the internals of your motor. That's not the most appealing thing. However, plenty of people have tuned at 100,000 miles and had no issues afterward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts