Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just wanted to let you guys know the wife and I had our baby girl on OCT 26th.....She ll be driving a diesel soon enough!

So My question is this......At some point I know my head gaskets will go etc etc....So I wanted to get an estimate for worst case scenario along with upgrades in the process..

First quote and the second quote only difference was keeping and rebuilding the stock turbo or going with a KC stage 2..

Quote included..155cc injectors...machined heads..potential cylinder heads..kc stage 2 turbo..gear head tuning...gaskets...pretty much the whole bulletproofing process again minus oil cooler and egr delete...

25 hours labor at $100/hr.........I am looking at $12k-$13k......I know between the turbo..injectors..and labor...puts me at $7000...not including above mentioned...Is that reasonable?

Truck runs 80 miles a day..daily driver mostly highway with some city.....Not sure if I am able to test stock injectors and just replace whats needed but still do the kc stage 2 turbo and maybe just do a FICM tune.....

Goals are to have a solid daily driver with some good put you back in your seat power WOT but keeping the transmission happy......Hoping I can use tax money but with the new baby money might shift....

Just would like to have the best possible set up ....cause Id like to get years and years out of my truck.

Thanks All!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand this. Your engine already has ARP head studs and many updates. So why are you wanting to spend $13,000+?
So my truck does have many updates....Sorry if I wasnt clear.....

I am looking to do injectors..turbo...ficm tune etc.....I had the shop give me a worst case scenario if and when my head gaskets were to fail....That being said...just for injectors $2795..Turbo $1690 and the labor os 25 hours at $100 $2500 puts me in the $7000 range.....and that labor is doing everything minus oil cooler and egr delete since I already have it done......

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
injectors are case by case, head gaskets can fail at different degrees, and turbos can be reconditioned.

Plus we have vendors here who sell OEM and upgraded parts.

Lastly, if you were spending that kind of money you should go with BPD parts and a KC turbo.

My advice is, save your money and drive the truck... keep up with your maintenance and monitoring then deal with issues when they arise.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
beautiful truck btw tho ;)

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Truthfully after having 155s I wished I either stepped up to 175s or kept it stock.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Congrats on the baby girl!

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,719 Posts
I don't get it either..... If there's nothing wrong what is the point. Drive it and maintain it. Don't overtune it and it will go for years.
????????

·
Super Moderator
28,718 Posts
beautiful truck btw tho
it is a nice truck but your sig pic is way bigger than allowed ;-)

please dial it down when you get time

]Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)
yours (JPEG Image, 5312 × 2988 pixels) -

6,369.16 bytes)
LOL

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is a nice truck but your sig pic is way bigger than allowed ;-)

please dial it down when you get time

Haha...I was trying to get a pic to load but it wasnt ....Hope its not to big!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
But a smaller picture means we won't get a good view of the sweet puppy ZMANN! :rules:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Congrats on the baby girl!

I wouldn't worry about the head gaskets. Sure they could go, but if you already had them done, proper machining, ARP's, don't (try not to) worry about them.

If you are looking for upgrades, 175/30s and a KC Stage 2. Throw in a FICM tuner from PHP.

Rebuilt injectors from Holders - $1375

KC Stage 2 - $1690

FICM tuner - $400

New PHP tune - $75

Total - $3540

Swapping out turbos is easy. Injectors are a little more work but a couple hours from start to finish. ~500 RWHP for $3520 and a couple hours work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on the baby! For future reference on trying to get her into a diesel ASAP, the only diesel you can get in a Powerwheels is a Cummins ;) My daughter has one after I scoured the internet for a Powerstroke and finally gave up :/

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the baby! For future reference on trying to get her into a diesel ASAP, the only diesel you can get in a Powerwheels is a Cummins ;) My daughter has one after I scoured the internet for a Powerstroke and finally gave up :/
Haha too funny....Oh course they dont have a Powerstroke....I may just have to be creative and convert it to a powerstroke..

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Congrats on the baby girl!!!!!!

Like some others mentioned, it's probably best you save your money and address any issues as they come up. Especially with a baby girl, your gonna need that money!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts