Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, bought a beat to crap 2004 Crewcab F350 4x4 for $5000, bulletproofed the engine and repainted the whole truck runs awesome:D... except for the trans. Guy I bought it from had an Edge Juice on it.... So this is what I'm experiencing:

-Bad shake at low speeds/take off. Only happens once and a while. Replaced carrier bearing on axle thinking it could be that. And I replaced both trans filters and changed the fluid, seemed to get a little better, but is still there every once and a while. Might be the torque converter?:dunno:

-Feels like its slipping or hitting neutral when it shifts gears, only sometimes on the lower gears. Above 45-50mph shifts good, shifts are firm. With the stock tune its really bad, with my Looney tune on it its not as bad.

Any input from you guys with I might be looking at, before I get the motivation to pull the trans out?

Thanks for the help. Wouldn't be able to get this far along on the truck if it wasn't for you guy!!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Sounds like its slip banging and staying stuck in 3rd or 5th when you come to a stop.

Time for a new trans. Go '05+ they have better clutches.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts