Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will truck is getting close to 190,000 miles - stock silicone boost tube fitting are oil covered so I will be replacing them.

Question is should I go ahead and replace the original turbo with a rebuilt one (thinking the bearings have served me well - but :eek:hnoes:) and who does a good job at rebuilding them? I am leaning towards Ron in UT.

Also my wife and myself have noticed the engine is noisier injector clatter time for new/rebuilt ones?

·
Registered
346 Posts
At 190K, it would be a good idea to rebuild the turbo. Its pretty easy to do yourself and the rebuild kit is less than $100. As far as the injectors, how many miles since your last oil change?

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
ya an upgraded rebuild kit is only 96 bucks...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 190K, it would be a good idea to rebuild the turbo. Its pretty easy to do yourself and the rebuild kit is less than $100. As far as the injectors, how many miles since your last oil change?
I will look into rebuilding it myself - big issue is that I already have a lot of things to do..........:dis:

I change the oil every 3 months or 3000 miles - thinking of trying a different oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts