Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I go to start the truck up and it just bumps the starter but won’t turn over. After 4 times of trying this it finally cranks and starts. It smokes so much that it looks like fog around the truck. The idle fluctuates between 600 ish to 1000 back and forth. All the while I hear a loud ticking from the engine.

I rev it up and it revs fine, just noisy and smokey ad can be.

It has 3 month old full force injectors in it and a new swamps idm, in case that need to be important.

I’m at a loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
This morning I go to start the truck up and it just bumps the starter but won’t turn over. After 4 times of trying this it finally cranks and starts. It smokes so much that it looks like fog around the truck. The idle fluctuates between 600 ish to 1000 back and forth. All the while I hear a loud ticking from the engine.

I rev it up and it revs fine, just noisy and smokey ad can be.

It has 3 month old full force injectors in it and a new swamps idm, in case that need to be important.

I’m at a loss

Stuck open injector?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So nobody has had this problem before?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Check oil for fuel. Sounds like a stuck injector to me. New or not they go bad. If theres fuel in the oil, then its definitely injector IMO. Next would be to do a buzz test.

·
Registered
882 Posts
First of all it sounds like you may have battery/cable/solenoid/starter issues. Second does it clear up once warm or does it still smoke?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts