Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 F-250 with about 123,000 on it. I got a ticking noise is coming from the driver side of the truck, closer to the firewall and it's coming from underneath the truck. It doesn't do it when i first start the truck and it's cold. It comes after I drive the truck around and comes when I'm at a idle, then goes away after i start driving it. Even at a idle it comes and goes and it not consistant. Me and my buddies checked to see if it may be coming from the head and it's not. I sent my oil to catepillar and it came back clean, normal wear. We hooked up the scanner and all the parameters are good, and it runs great. Just wanna know what this is, so I don't have to stress about it. Is this the normal ticking that people talk about on the 6.4's?

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
Go up to the "Google Custom Search" box under the PowerStroke.org logo. Type in "6.4 Ticking" - there are some threads that come that have video. You might be able to compare that with yours.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
the normal ticking people talk about with the 6.4 usually happens slightly above idle i.e. driving throught a neighborhood and it is not sporadic its pretty consistent. You can't hear it just idling

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My truck does the same thing, it drives me nuts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Mine too, I have a video of my truck around here somewhere of the noise mine makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts