Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal. I have a 03 PSD F250 4x4 SCSB with 116k. Every time I hit a bump or pot hole I hear and feel in the floor board a bang/bump. I have looked at the ball joints and they look fairly new (have zerk fittings in them), the tie rods look to be in good condition as well. I am thinking that it is the hub bearings or shocks (they arent stockers on the front) Am I I thinking along the right directions. It possibly can be the sway bar end links as well, how do I tell those are bad? Mine arent visually rotten or anything so im in the dark and new to the PSD/F250 world:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into this all this week

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would crawl underneath the truck. Grab the sway bar links. Wiggle them with some force back and forth. I bet they move and make a clunking sound. Which would mean the bushings are bad and they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
trac bar. i would be willing to bet its the trac bar. it has some ridiculous torque value too

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok here is the deal. I have a 03 PSD F250 4x4 SCSB with 116k. Every time I hit a bump or pot hole I hear and feel in the floor board a bang/bump. I have looked at the ball joints and they look fairly new (have zerk fittings in them), the tie rods look to be in good condition as well. I am thinking that it is the hub bearings or shocks (they arent stockers on the front) Am I I thinking along the right directions. It possibly can be the sway bar end links as well, how do I tell those are bad? Mine arent visually rotten or anything so im in the dark and new to the PSD/F250 world:icon_ford:

I have the same thing going on with my truck. I have jacked up the front axel and grabbed the tire and tried to rock it from top to bottom and nothing, no movement at all. I already ordered the balljoint kit from Powerstrokeshop but I'm not sure I need to replace them yet. It was suggested to rejack and put a pry bar under the tire and check for up and down movement in the joints so I'll do that this weekend. Also I've not checked the swaybar linkage. Someone also suggested to spray lube in between the leaf springs so I'll give that a shot as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts