Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled the code today, nothing seemed out of the ordinary as far as driving and idling. I stomped on it a few times to get past the prius' blocking the way :p where is the crank sensor located? I've read I should look for chaffed wire as the actual sensors are pretty bulletproof? Worst case what could this code be telling me of it's not the sensor/wiring?

·
Registered
59 Posts
had this same problem on a ranger i had and it was a ground wire bad. unplug the connector and start truck and check what wire is neg. with a volt meter, then run a wire from the neg. side of the battery to the neg. wire going to the sensor. dont unhook the wire from the truck side or connector side, use a line tap to connect the new neg. wire to the neg. side wire and reset the code. drive truck and see if this works it did on mine.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Cam sensor and crank sensor codes are VERY common when you have any extended cranking times to start the truck. If you recently experienced a long crank for any reason, just clear the code and see if it comes back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts