Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about getting a throttle body spacer?

What about headers?

The spacer is arounnd $60 and gives around 20 hp...i think

not real sure about headers..

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
for what kind of vehicle?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2002 F350 7.3L Im looking in the 4wheelparts magazine right now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
There is no such thing as a throttle body on a 7.3l

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Like the others have said, there is no valve body to space. Someone on here had one, It did nothing but lighten the wallet for about $75.

Headers don't really do much until you get up to the 500+hp world. Plus they are $1000 plain stainless and $1200 ceramic coated......OUCH!

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok what was i thinking! haha. I was just goin by what the magazine had told me. See, where would i be without you guys! Thanks.

Raul, can you set me up with a new turbo wheel? I think thats what i need next. what do you think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
the headers can lower egt's and sound a lil different...but basically still
a near the bottom of the list mod for me.

now a fluid damper, changing to all synthetic fluids, have definite results
and pay for themselves eventually in mpg savings.

also bypass filter systems seem to , and the CPR system - fass/ airdog , regulated return systems have good results, more so on modded engines but... start to get some $$ involved.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much does a fluidamper cost? and what are the realworld results?

those things are pretty pricey!......

·
Registered
193 Posts
strokn' early 99 runs one he can tell you the details.

i can give you the not so glossy brochure version ..
hp gain will be -hmmph that feels a lil different. it ranges from 5~16 hp so kinda hard to tell more. your milage will go up a tad....+/-1, but your motor will be smother idle somewhat quieter...etc.

the cost range i don't know 410 +/- 10 ish seems the normal ads a few months ago.
cheap compared to a trurbo or injectors , a lot more then a fujamoto valve or a 203 tstat.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK. I dont think ill be doing the fluid dampener...mainly because of the price/results. Whats the fujamoto valve and whats the 203 tstat???

·
Registered
193 Posts
dieselsite.com stuff
fuji valve is an oil drain plug, makes life easy if you diy oil changes.
the 203 is a new thermostat that is said to improve things a tiny bit.
basically a good thing to add if you do the coolant filter to get the sand left in the block after casting.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Fluidampr smoothed the idle some and running it at 2500-3300rpm feels smooth as silk but I did not notice any added power from the fluidampr.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OK. I dont think ill be doing the fluid dampener...mainly because of the price/results. Whats the fujamoto valve and whats the 203 tstat???
sounds like it has something to do with the flux capicitor :tard: lol i replaced mine a while back, i ordered it out of stylin concepts :crazy: hahaha

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha nice^

Well, what kinda mods do you guys know about that are pretty simple DIY's. I have most of the big stuff covered. I might do the zoodad, but what else IS there?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts