Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was on a road trip last weekend and was wondering what you think of these temp readings. Pulling Rye Hill (6-8% grade for 4 miles) with an ambient temp of 105F and 3500 ft elevation. I was pulling a 13,500lb RV with the AC on and cruise set at 65mph.

Max water temp - 215F
Tranny temp max - 170F
Max boost 24psi
Max EGT - 1325F (Pre Turbo)
Rear Diff max temp - 165F

Just curious since I just passed 100k miles on the truck.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
your water temps even givin the conditions seem kinda high your fan had to have been running full blast the whole time. 215 degrees? thats boiling.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was on a road trip last weekend and was wondering what you think of these temp readings. Pulling Rye Hill (6-8% grade for 4 miles) with an ambient temp of 105F and 3500 ft elevation. I was pulling a 13,500lb RV with the AC on and cruise set at 65mph.

Max water temp - 215F
Tranny temp max - 170F
Max boost 24psi
Max EGT - 1325F (Pre Turbo)
Rear Diff max temp - 165F

Just curious since I just passed 100k miles on the truck.
your temps look excellent considering the weight/ambiant temps.

your water temps even givin the conditions seem kinda high your fan had to have been running full blast the whole time. 215 degrees? thats boiling.
the stock t-stat is a 215* stat... since the temps didn't go over 215* I'd say he's perfect considering the ambient temps and the load.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the same thing.... I just replaced the water pump, hoses and thermostat. The thermostat was a Ford replacement that if I remember correctly starts to open at 193F or 196F. I know the dash gauge isn't reliable, but I check it to see where it hits the red and it was 225F. It seems to be a little hotter since I put in the CAT coolant.

The fan was screaming, almost sounded like a P51 mustang taking off.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
[email protected] p51 mustang taking off. Everything sounds good to me though.. in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
fan kicks on to full at 210

1 - 8 of 8 Posts