Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ford F250 Super Duty
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Long time lurker first time poster. My 2011 F250 6.7 FX4 needs tires and I want new rims for my stock height truck. I want something with a more aggressive stance and perhaps 20 inch rims vs. the 18s I have now. I have 275/70R18s now. Any suggestions on what negative offset for the rims and how big of a tire I can go with if I want a bit more ground clearance (without too much strain on the engine/tranny and not too much speedo change)? Looking for some nice tires that will do well in snow being here in Wisconsin! I'd be interested if folks have pics of the setup your using on your stock truck. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

·
Registered
509 Posts
You can plus size your tire size and get 20" wheels. You don't want a larger tire without changing the tire size in the computer. A tire store will be able to hook you up with what you want.

·
Registered
2011 Ford F250 Super Duty
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can plus size your tire size and get 20" wheels. You don't want a larger tire without changing the tire size in the computer. A tire store will be able to hook you up with what you want.
Thanks Bone! So a 285 on 20 inch will fit if the rims I get have a -44 offset? Agree it's best if I get the local Ford dealer or other tire shop to recalibrate the speedo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure the rims are hub centric and not lug centric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts