Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an e'99 F-250 that was bone stock. I've opened it up a bit with a turbo back 4" ss exhaust and the diy air filter. The next thing to take care of is the stance and eventually wider tires. I have a rattle coming from the front right that I haven't targeted yet and trying to decide what to do. The e'99 has a larger rear block (4" instead of 2") and I'm trying to decide if it'd be better to lift the front to level it out a bit or replace the rear block with a 2" to drop it. I use the truck for general towing and working out of the bed so it needs to retain a good bed height. I'd like to eventually run a wider tire but there is good tread on these tires that I need to burn off first. Would love some input.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Get a early 99 leveling kit from custom diesel. They are less than a hundred bux. As for the sound, check your ball joints, and your sway bar end link bushings for wear. Also, you might check your hubs and brakes. The early 99 has some different ingredients in it, but all in all it still comes out to a great truck.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
You don't want a cheap lift..get a quality kit thats complete. A hanger kit will ride the best as you gain compression travel. You can also just change to lower blocks..we have them.

If I can help please PM.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
A mini spring pack is not a cheap lift( yes it is cheaper in cost,) but the quality is good and ride quality is not sacrificed on my truck. I didn't notice a difference at all.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Thats a good price!

Killing time on here with my smart phone.... :)

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts