Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 97 7.3 5 speed and the bed sits crooked (about an inch left and down) and I was told it's from the torque from pulling my 5th wheel. Now I was told if I left it up on a jack stand for a day or two it will straighten out. Just wanted your guys thoughts on if you think it'll work or if you guys may have had the same problem what was your solution

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Check the runners under the bead. There is a good chance one is rusted out or bent. You may be able to bend it back but unless you reinforce it it won't last.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I got a 97 7.3 5 speed and the bed sits crooked (about an inch left and down) and I was told it's from the torque from pulling my 5th wheel. Now I was told if I left it up on a jack stand for a day or two it will straighten out. Just wanted your guys thoughts on if you think it'll work or if you guys may have had the same problem what was your solution

Thanks guys
Funny, I just bought an 04 that had a 5th wheel. When you close the tailgate the right side had a gap. I thought it was the tailgate but come to find out that its the bed. Ill try that out. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts