Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently monitoring my parameters with a bluetooth OBDII and Amazon Fire 7" tablet with car scanner app. I like it better than torque pro. I am currently monitoring ECT, EOT and FICM voltage. I feel like one of the most important things I am missing is a pyrometer. Most of the name brands run $150+. Any suggestions? Do the digital gauges work?

I found this chinese made pyrometer gauge + probe for under $30: 2" 52mm Digital LED Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge EGT for Car Truck 7 Color | eBay

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I wonder what the probe is tapped to? I think my Edge is 1/8 NPT, but I guess my point is, "2" 52mm Digital LED Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge EGT for Car Truck 7 Color " dies not say what size it needs to be drilled and tapped to. I also don't like the fact that you need to provide your own gauge mount.

If you decide to get it, I'd like to see how it does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no pod included and no instructions on the page. Pretty vague. I'll post up if I end up getting one. I like the one Rod Jr linked because it can be put anywhere. The one I posted is one of many cheap knockoffs. I was just trying to see if anyone with experience with them could chime in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts