1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Seems high for the year. I would offer 9,500 and see what they come back with. If they comeback with 11,000 go to 10,000. If they say sorry then say ok.

97 with 183,000 miles is kinda low mileage for that year truck. But what I am getting at is you can buy newer trucks with less mileage for around the same price or maybe a 1,000 more.

By the way Kelley Blue Book has it valued at 8,500. So me saying 9,500 is being friendly. But I was taking into consideration of the lift that is on the truck. As well as the mods that are visible in the pictures.

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
Seems high for the year. I would offer 9,500 and see what they come back with. If they comeback with 11,000 go to 10,000. If they say sorry then say ok.

97 with 183,000 miles is kinda low mileage for that year truck. But what I am getting at is you can buy newer trucks with less mileage for around the same price or maybe a 1,000 more.

By the way Kelley Blue Book has it valued at 8,500. So me saying 9,500 is being friendly. But I was taking into consideration of the lift that is on the truck. As well as the mods that are visible in the pictures.

I agree, my 96 has 212000 on her. Try to get em down on the price. 9500.00 to 10,000.00 is about all I'd go. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not in california, there is almost no manual trucks and even the old ones are expencive and the never are even more. the reason i want this truck is because it is the body style i want and ell everything i want

·
Rebel
657 Posts
not in california, there is almost no manual trucks and even the old ones are expencive and the never are even more. the reason i want this truck is because it is the body style i want and ell everything i want
Its all really about how much you want it and what YOU want to spend on it. But IMO its to high i would say 9k to 10k at the most. But do what you feel is right..:thumb:

·
Registered
905 Posts
there is a black single cab. with 39k on it. Not sure where it is located. but look in the trucks section of the classifieds here on the Org. I think its a 97. its very clean. and he only wants 8,000

·
Registered
114 Posts
I gave 8,600 for mine there years ago. mine had 178,000 on it. so take that for what its worth. I know not much.

Its just matter how clean it is and how much you want it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
yeah u can deffinately find one for lower price and a manual unless he goes down on price jus keep looking maybe he doesnt sell it as fast as he wanted to and he lowers the price you never kno, good luck

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I WOULD ONLY GIVE HIM 8K NO HIGHER CRAP YOU CAN GET A 2000 -2003 SUPERDUTY WITH UNDER 200K FOR AROUND 10K-12K

·
Registered
642 Posts
i BOUGHT THE SAME TRUCK, YEAR AND SIZE...PAID 6K CASH AND IT HAD LESS MILLAGE AND LOOKED THE SAME.... 7500 TOPS BUD!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
dont matter, the diesel value has dropped by at least half from a year ago due to the prices of fuel.. truck is worth no more than 7500$$

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I agree the price is high for that many miles, but I know how hard it is to find just the truck you want. Try to talk him down and see what happens. I only gave $14K for mine 7 years ago, with 130K on the clock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts