Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 99 7.3 psd that i bought six or so months ago is pretty much stock besides sct tuner. anyway, i was looking at getting an exhaust, but while looking at whats on the truck, it already has some sort of aftermarket 4'' exhaust, but it still has the stock snake like down pipe and some kind of water heater sized muffler, but no cat. so my question is could i just get a good down pipe (any ideas on price?), then run a straight pipe in place of muffler and be alright? or should i just take it in the shorts and get a nice ss exhaust? (btw coming soon; diy tymar intake, isspro pyro and boost, no tranny temp, i have 6spd man).
any ideas or input would be great.

thanks,
travis

·
Registered
275 Posts
If it already has aftermarket stuff on it just replace the down pipe with a 4" one and get rid of the muffler

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't see any point in buying a new exhaust if you already have one. I'd just get the down pipe and if you want it louder replace the muffler with a smaller one or a straight pipe. If you take the muffler out and look through it and it's wide open all the way through it's not going to be restricting you at all but will just make it quieter.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

Great to have another member from Oregon!:thumb::woot:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts